• [+] Dice rolls
Cory B
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
I'll Take Those Fantasy Women!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been away from the forums (and the game) for awhile too so may be a bit rusty, but I'd be up for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the game, the complexity is high in a matter of remembering all the rules and modifications but seems very deep and exciting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would be interesting in playing. I would be willing to help moderate the game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally interested here as well, would be my first PBF though.
As I really would not want to slow down such a game: What are the time constraints one should assume for such games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK so looks like we have 5 people who are interested ... so could do a 5-player free for all? or incase someone gets cold feet a 2v2 in style of

[url]https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1827687/ll-pbf-56-epic-conq...
[/url]

cityofsolitude wrote:
Generally interested here as well, would be my first PBF though.
As I really would not want to slow down such a game: What are the time constraints one should assume for such games?

I have only played on the forum once before, but from my experience its great if you can submit your play within 6-12 hrs, but also ok if it takes a day or two ... ofcause in some cases real life gets in the way and you may need more time, in which case its good to let others know beforehand or leave play instructions to the moderator or a team-member (if its 2v2 or something like that).

saintricardo wrote:
I would be willing to help moderate the game as well.

As mentioned above I only ever played a game and dont have moderating experience... but could help out as well ... any experience in what it exactly calls for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
So is everybody still interested ?

I have mainly been playing cooporatively at home, but would like to play competitively here, IMO we could do this with or without pvp enabled ... As for scenarios Im pretty open as long as we do bidding for characters things even it I feel.

What do you guys think?

/claus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote would be for competitive, but PVP off. I am also quite open about the scenario.

How does bidding work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
cityofsolitude wrote:
My vote would be for competitive, but PVP off. I am also quite open about the scenario.

How does bidding work?

Bidding is done with starting fame, so if you get your MK with a bid of 2 you effectively start at -2 Fame.

Typical method is to randomize bidding order, where the 1st to bid then gets last selection of day 1 tactics and so on.

The 1st player to bid submit a bid on the MK of his choice, bid can be 0. 2nd then has choice to pass or increase the bid, in which case 1st player can choose to pass or match the bid in which case it would go back to 2nd player ... etc etc.

As can be seen from the other PBF games its common to see bids in the range of 0-2 or so

note:
PBF# 56 bids were Krang(1), others 0
PBF#57 bids were Krang(1), Goldyx & Tovak(2), Others(0)

/claus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, sounds good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
So if we plan on a free4all competitive game:

State if you are in and which scenarios if any you would prefer?

I would like to try either Conquer & Hold OR Mine Liberation ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in and am fine with any non-pvp scenario (so maybe not One to Return). Druid Nights and Dungeon Lords sound interesting, too.

If people are up for it, I would also be in for any of the regular scenarios, even Life and Death, etc.

I guess I am fine with almost anything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory B
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm good with any non-PvP scenario too (never really been a fan of PvP). Just to be clear, we're limiting this to Lost Legion correct? I think we need a moderator to give us are cards right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turbo_234 wrote:
I'm good with any non-PvP scenario too (never really been a fan of PvP). Just to be clear, we're limiting this to Lost Legion correct? I think we need a moderator to give us are cards right?

So that is the important part now, yes, how do we actually play :-)

I think the three options we have are:
0) Find a moderator
1) Play multiple games and moderate it round robin.
2) Play by Vassal instead of play by forum.
3) Try to play without a moderator (requires some trust).

Option 3) would mean that someone is still doing the bookkeeping and posting of the maps, etc. but all random decisions (i.e. rolls on tables) are done publicly. Information only accessible normally to a player are put in spoiler tags. It seems it can be done in such a way that it is reasonably hard to cheat by accident but of course it is impossible to prevent someone from looking into your hand.

Relevant posts with good information on these topics:
- So you want to Play By Forum? A guide for new players
- Toolkit for self moderated competitive PBF!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
cityofsolitude wrote:

So that is the important part now, yes, how do we actually play :-)

0) Find a moderator

yeah really would prefer 0-2 ...but I guess finding a moderator is not so likely

Most likely it comes down to option 2 or 3 ... I havent tried playing MK using Vassal before, but used for another game and that was fine. However, I do also like the public playing as its very spectator friendly hmmmm

Anone wanna moderate the game?? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
cityofsolitude wrote:
... even Life and Death, etc.

I guess I am fine with almost anything

Just tried out this for the first time yesterday, not a bad scenario but pretty easy atleast as 2player coop. I did like the new monsters and all as it among other things make block more important which IMO is good for the game.

Anyway as far as I can tell most here prefer to play without the Tezla expasion .. so ..

PS: How do you guys feel about Bravelar? When playing here at home Im considering playing with a houserule that his Druidpaths special card work bit better in forest at night, just to give it a small power and thematic bump.

PPS: Bravelar, Why ... why do the imagery show him with a bear on his cards, yet he has no skill to represent the bear .. or ...it would have been thematically so cool to have a skill giving him another command token with a special bear unit, oh well ...

/unrelevant rant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory B
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm good with any decision, though I have never moderated but played dozens of game here through vassal. I'm also good with any expansion but have only played 2 games with Bravelar so don't have a ton of experience with those scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
turbo_234 wrote:
I'm good with any decision, though I have never moderated but played dozens of game here through vassal. I'm also good with any expansion but have only played 2 games with Bravelar so don't have a ton of experience with those scenarios.

Dont worry, no matter which scenario we pick it sounds like you have more experience than me anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in playing in case there is still a spot! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cityofsolitude wrote:

0) Find a moderator

I agree 0-2 are the best options.

I also generally prefer no Tezla, but I'm not opposed to it either. Either way is fine.

I'm also up for any scenario. =)

I've only played PvP once and with the Conquer and Hold scenario (which pretty much requires PvP). Either way is fine with me.

PS: I never realized Krang was so popular =O
I never played with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems many of you have trust issues But seriously, do you think people will peek into your spoiler tags? Or is it just a matter of principle?
I am asking since option (3) seems to be the easiest solution to play a single game, without a separate moderator, external help or using Vassal.

Speaking of the latter, I guess I would be up for that, too. I just do not think (0) will happen and I am not sure you (or I) really want (1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
cityofsolitude wrote:
Seems many of you have trust issues But seriously, do you think people will peek into your spoiler tags? Or is it just a matter of principle?
I am asking since option (3) seems to be the easiest solution to play a single game, without a separate moderator, external help or using Vassal.

Speaking of the latter, I guess I would be up for that, too. I just do not think (0) will happen and I am not sure you (or I) really want (1).

I guess you are right ... I would "prefer" a moderator, but Im fine with a selfmoderated game, also it seems to be the far simplest and quickest way for us to actually get a game up and running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paranoid Seer
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to moderate for you guys but would appreciate you helping out with non-secret stuff eg map updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
mrfan wrote:
I'm happy to moderate for you guys but would appreciate you helping out with non-secret stuff eg map updates.

sure, let me look into gettign vassal installed and I can help do the map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.