Subject: Multi Story maximum NCM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Brophy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 5.2.2B states that you get both the upper story cover along with the regular cover. Is the regular cover the ground floor cover or the cover of the card in general?

For example: Squad on a farm (+2) multi story card. The cover draw is for a strong building (+3), moving to the upper story gives +3 (there are 2 upper story markers, +2 and +3. I assume the +2 is for light buildings).

Is my total modifier +2,+3,+3 for a total of 8?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so. You only get the benefit from one cover marker and the inherent cover provided by the terrain card. So in this case, the +3 from the Upper Story and the +2 from the terrain card, so +5 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
forlorn hope wrote:
Rule 5.2.2B states that you get both the upper story cover along with the regular cover. Is the regular cover the ground floor cover or the cover of the card in general? Yes regular cover = ground floor.

For example: Squad on a farm (+2) multi story card. The cover draw is for a strong building (+3), moving to the upper story gives +3 (there are 2 upper story markers, +2 and +3. I assume the +2 is for light buildings).

Is my total modifier +2,+3,+3 for a total of 8?

No you essentially have two cover markers. The units in the ground floor cover get 5 (2 card cover + 3 ground floor cover) and the units in the upper storey get 5 (2 card cover + 3 upper storey cover)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Brophy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a feeling that a total of 8 was wrong. It would have made the position almost impossible to knock out. Thank you both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simmy Peerutin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooNOFXoo wrote:
I don't believe so. You only get the benefit from one cover marker and the inherent cover provided by the terrain card. So in this case, the +3 from the Upper Story and the +2 from the terrain card, so +5 total.

I have been playing the way you describe it but in 5.2.2 C it says”these markers count against a terrain cards cover potential.” What does that mean?

BTW under 5.2.2 A it also says basic cover counts against the terrain cards cover potential.

Is this an error or am I reading it wrongly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SimmyP wrote:
ooNOFXoo wrote:

I have been playing the way you describe it but in 5.2.2 C it says”these markers count against a terrain cards cover potential.” What does that mean?

BTW under 5.2.2 A it also says basic cover counts against the terrain cards cover potential.

Is this an error or am I reading it wrongly?

Each Terrain card has Located top left an Inherent cover value which may be supplemented by incoming VoF (indirect fire), it also has a cover type and number bottom left and this number is the total count of cover markers you can have on the terrain card excluding fortifications. When seeking cover you draw for the type of cover but that draw may rsult in basic cover or cover of the type indicated. Basic cover being small hills, gullys, hedges , walls etc.

Basic cover is not the cards inherent cover it is a standard cover marker as opposed to Field Fortifications(trenches, bunkers) which don't count towards cover total or Urban (buildings) which do count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.