Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Zak, thanks for designing this game, I'm really enjoying it! I have two quick questions after a couple of games:

1. Is the TN modifier of the Take Cover action cumulative with the modifier of any terrain the group occupies? In other words, if a group is in a Woods stripe and it takes a Cover action is the TN +2 (1 for Woods + 1 for Take Cover) or just the +1 for the Take Cover action?

2. Can you confirm that a unit or unit group is allowed to take more than 1 move action in a turn if 2 AP are spent for it to do so? For example, I have 3 AP and I spend 1 AP to put a BAR Group in Stripe 5 on overwatch and spend the remaining 2 AP for a Rifle Group to advance from Stripe 6 to Stripe 4?

My apologies if the answers are in the rules in which case I missed them.

BTW, I really enjoy your Space Infantry game too and I'm looking forward to the next iteration, Space Infantry Resurgence, to be published.

Thanks,

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve

I'm happy that your're enjoying the game.

About your questions:

> Is the TN modifier of the Take Cover action cumulative with the modifier of any terrain the group occupies?

Yes, the Cover modifier stacks with the current terrain (Base or Feature): the Cover marker represents the optional use of the current terrain by your soldiers. Note that Base terrain and Terrain features do *not* stack.

> Can you confirm that a unit or unit group is allowed to take more than 1 move action in a turn if 2 AP are spent for it to do so?

Yes, a Unit can be moved more than once on a Turn if you have enough AP: your example is correct. Just remember that if you enter a stripe with an Event Marker you need to reveal it, so your move could activate several enemies. You don't have to declare in advance how you spend the AP: so for example you can spend 1 AP to move from Stripe 6 to Stripe 5 and then, if an enemy is revealed, use another AP to place your units adjacent to a terrain feature to protect them.

I'm working on an Example of Play that should clarify some of the more common questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The first draft of the Example of Play is available here

http://zak965.it/rifles/Example%20of%20Play.pdf.

is stil in WIP but should already provide a good overview of the basic mechanics of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Zak! I'll let you know if I have any questions or observations after I go through it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezmozgu wrote:
Thanks Zak! I'll let you know if I have any questions or observations after I go through it.

Perfect, this will help me a lot in providing the right content on this document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.