Matej Uduč
Slovenia
flag msg tools

Game name:
Battle of SalaMints

Designer: Matej Uduč

Overview:
Battle of SalaMints is a 2 player game that simulates naval battles of classical antiquity. The objective of the game is to sink or board the enemy capital ship.

Average game takes 10-20 minutes.

List of Components:
-16 terrain cards
-8 rules cards
-18 ship tokens

Link to P&P file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dNQH8FJeO9I0vedcCRUzhKr0w4... (pdf file)

- 2 A4 pages of terrain & ship token cards
- 1 A4 page of rule cards
* tin cover graphics

Ship tokens in image are made with 15mmx10mm wooden cylinder with a 15mm round sticker (makes it easier to pick up / rotate tokens without messing up the board)

Cheers and happy gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Uduč
Slovenia
flag msg tools
This post is reserved for FAQ, addons and general stuff not included in the first post

Rules query:
"...the rules don't make it very clear how many of each ship each player starts with - I assume 3 of each (as in the picture)?"

Each player starts with only their capital ship on the board (placed on any tile on the first card of their deployment zone), all other ships enter the deployment zone as an action.

comment:
As a suggestion, you might want to include a sheet of paper ships, just in case players don't have access to the necessary wooden tokens/discs.

Ship tokens are included in the "Terrain_2_Ships_A4.pdf"

But if you want whole sheets (which is what I used for prototyping/printing on 15mm round sticker sheet from LabelIdent then the link is https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7fmyE15AA7DYUtBS1NSOVJVNE... .

Rules query: "Can you deploy onto and sink an opponents ship in your deployment zone?"

No; you may not deploy onto an occupied territory.

Edit: all game pdf's have now been merged into one singular pdf (with updated rules).

------------------------

Cheers and TY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Uduč
Slovenia
flag msg tools
This game is now contest ready and finished (feedback is of course always welcome). laugh

I hope that you enjoy playing it.

Now it's time to start another.
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Uduč
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Now that the contest is all but over...

Battle of SalaMints - a story of prototyping <-link to a gallery and very short commentary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.