Hide
5 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants» Forums » General

Subject: Out of print again... is it necessary? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
msg tools
Looks like this expansion is again unavailable. Considering there are now so many other expansions, is this one a must-have for the game? Or is just in the 'nice but not essential' category?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote Han Solo from The Force Awakens, "All of it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the expansions are necessary (Forsaken Lore has a good argument though). Strange Remnants is probably the easiest small box expansion. So if you feel the game is getting too hard, it is a good one to slot in. It is perfectly fine to wait for a reprint, I would never recommend spending above MSRP for an out of print expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
To quote Han Solo from The Force Awakens, "All of it."

I agree. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see this term used wrongly so often... Sorry I have to be an advocate again but maybe it spreads: "Out of print" means that a game has left production cycles and will never be reprinted again - therefore becomes more of a collectible item and is getting harder to obtain. Therefore it technically can never be out of print again.
What you mean is exactly what you wrote in the text: the game is temporarily unavailable; between print runs; or, as most usually put it, "out of stock".

Sorry again... this got longer again then intended.

tl;dr: "out of print" != "out of stock"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.