Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the post in this thread, Portal states that automatic construction does occur if you finish more than one card in a row during the preparing resources action.

If that is the case, does each card automatically constructed cost the same number of resources? For example, I have two planets that have 2 and 3 resources assigned to it after turn 1. On turn 2, I allocate 3 and 2 resources, respectively. I have not planets currently constructed. At this point, is each planet automatically constructed (settled) at a cost of 5 resources or does one have to have 6 resources assigned to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
Based on the post in this thread, Portal states that automatic construction does occur if you finish more than one card in a row during the preparing resources action.

If that is the case, does each card automatically constructed cost the same number of resources? For example, I have two planets that have 2 and 3 resources assigned to it after turn 1. On turn 2, I allocate 3 and 2 resources, respectively. I have not planets currently constructed. At this point, is each planet automatically constructed (settled) at a cost of 5 resources or does one have to have 6 resources assigned to it?

You check for automatic construction one card at a time, so it's technically possible that you will have more than one cards that qualify at once, in that case you choose one, move it to your empire, then reevaluate the other card(s) for automatic construction, taking into consideration the new cost of construction.

Also remember that logistics planets with cost reducers affect this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
texascpa wrote:

You check for automatic construction one card at a time, so it's technically possible that you will have more than one cards that quality at once, in that case you choose one, move it to your empire, then reevaluate the other card(s) for automatic construction, taking into consideration the new cost of construction.

Also remember that logistics planets with cost reducers affect this as well.

Thanks, we played it that they simultaneously were built, thus the same cost. Didn't make much sense, but the rules are not clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
but the rules are not clear.

and they were very clear by Portal standards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.