Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
OK, so I'm extremely unlikely to come across this game, and couldn't even mock it up unless someone were to share the makeup of the bidding deck, but since it appears to be the only Haruhi Suzumiya-themed game in the database, I had to check it out anyway, and came away with some questions, all based on the Swedish rules and cards translation.

Adventures of Mikuru Asahina, Episode 00
If I'm reading this right, whoever gets this card will never have a positive total score. First, this is a little weird because outside of extremely unlikely scenarios where most event cards are discarded, I can't see that having -2 or -4 or -6 points would make any difference, so it seems simpler to just have the card set your score to 0 or minus infinity or something. Or am I missing something?

Second, the card is not only crucial for the Asahina role, but seems awfully harsh on Tsuryua, who cannot win unless this card is either discarded or Tsuruya's, either of which seems unlikely given that pretty much every other role except Koizumi wants it for someone else.

Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
I guess this doesn't really do anything in a 7-player game?

SOS cards
I assume that when an SOS card is played, zero bids as usual do not count for anything? So for instance the following examples would be correct:

1. No bid has been made. I can play an SOS card on whoever to ensure no one gets the event card.

2. One bid has been made. I can play an SOS card on that same player, ensuring no one gets the event card, or on anyone else, ensuring the one bid wins the event card.

Tagging
I'm assuming you cannot tag yourself? (Which could be extremely beneficial if you want to redistribute some of your own cards, and stops anyone else from doing the same, at the cost of discarding your hand.)

I'm also assuming a tagged player is not out of the game in any way, but will continue to draw from the next round onwards, can have bids made for them, can be left with event cards the tagger doesn't wish to move, and so on.

Ties
What if Kyon is tied for the most event cards, Haruhi for the most points and so on?

Drawing
I assume that after auctioning off the last event card, you do not draw another card as part of the normal turn structure, or Yuki would be pretty shafted. (I'm also wondering how SOS cards fit into Yuki's "one type" condition, but it's hard to say without seeing the cards.)

Generally, it seems to me several of the win conditions are quite volatile, prone to kingmaking or sensitive to the order in which event cards turn up, but maybe you have to play a few games to see how it works out in practice.

There are a few typos in the translation, but perhaps most importantly, "Kazuki" Koizumi should be "Itsuki" - KK appears to belong in another series.

Also, I think Ryoko's victory condition should have involved stabbing Kyon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Otroligt. Det var tusen år sedan jag skrev de där reglerna, och i stort sett lika länge sedan jag hade spelet framme över huvud taget. Dessutom är jag nog den enda ägaren av spelet i hela västvärlden, och kanske till och med i typ hela världen. Kan ju försöka gräva upp det när jag kommer hem igen, och se om jag kan svara på frågorna, och dela med mig av korten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Jag var osäker på om jag skulle behöva summonera dig via nördpost. Det är ju berömvärt att prenumerera på spel när man är den enda i hela (väst)världen som kan svara på regelfrågor. Och att kunna japanska ger tretton imponanspoäng bara det.

Jag hade några fler frågor som rör själva presentationen av spelet, men de kanske kan vänta så det inte börjar kännas som ett enormt projekt för dig att svara. (Men det är ett superextremt viktigt projekt, bara så du vet.)

Om jag skulle göra en snabb gissning på AoMAEp00, så vore det att kortet sänker poängen på alla andra kort i din ägo med två, inte att den sätter din totalpoäng till ett specifikt värde?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Säkert. Problemet är att jag inser nu när jag kommit hem att under renoveringen av lägenheten, så ligger precis alla mina spel, särskilt de japanska småspelen, djupt djupt nere i kartonger någonstans i helvetets tionde cirkel, så att få upp det nu är omöjligt.

Under december ska jag rensa ut i samlingen, och just det här är ett sådant spel som kommer att behöva åka (det går tyvärr inte att spara på allt när man bor i lägenhet – det går när man bor i hus). Ska försöka hålla i huvudet att kolla reglerna först, bara.

Kommer du till Lincon kan du få det. Jag kommer nog spara en kartong med "inte totalt värdelösa spel" och slumpa ut på Lincon 2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jag har tyvärr inga planer på att vara i Linköping. Jag har en bror i Solna men det är ju inte samma sak som vi brukar säga. Men om spelet inte är mycket mer än en packe kort så borde det väl inte bli omymlans dyrt om jag ger dig en slant för spel+porto? Helst då efter att du kollat reglerna, om det inte är så att det finns bra OCR för japanska texter så man kan scanna, mangla genom Google Translate och kanske fråga vid behov.

Hoppas du kan hitta folk som är intresserade av spelen och att du inte slänger några i alla fall, det känns lite synd även ifall de är fulla av obegriplig utrikiska.

Also, for some reason switching back to English for my other questions about any flavour or introductory parts of the rules left out of the translation (or at least the ones off the top of my mind):

1. Is there a relevant cultural or other reference to account for the somewhat curious and discrepant translations of the main title?

2. Is there any instruction or suggestion to play multiple rounds with cumulative scores, to provide an incentive to minimize the number of other players winning in a round?

3. Are there any assumptions or suggestions how to play the game with a negotiation layer of claims, bluffs, deals and acting out roles? The Bluffing and Role Playing tags on BGG seem to indicate as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.