Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Endeavor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules for using only certain portions of the board with less than 5? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I just can’t find it in the rules. Aren’t you supposed to only use like 3 shipping lanes with 3 players? 4 with 4 players etc ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
For some reason I just can’t find it in the rules. Aren’t you supposed to only use like 3 shipping lanes with 3 players? 4 with 4 players etc ?

No. Full board always.

My experience is that that is not just fine with 4, but that 4 is a better player count for the game using the full board than 5 is.

A reduced board for 3 would make some sense but it is not part of the rules, would be complex to tack on, and is fundamentally not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
What he said.

The increased risk of a particular area not opening makes the smaller player counts more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:

Always the full board. It does make it so that you generally open fewer regions in games with fewer players.

However, the new edition coming to Kickstarter in January has 2 boards; a 2-3 player board, and a 4-5 player board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
We played four the other night and didn't fill one city I think? And had multiple attacks, so could have filled everything if we'd really wanted too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
fnord23 wrote:
The increased risk of a particular area not opening makes the smaller player counts more interesting.

Quite. Between experienced players there is quite a bit of impromptu brinkmanship going on which adds considerably to the experience.

Of course that also means that most gamers hate this concept and instead prefer feeling boxed in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.