Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already paid for the DLC on my Android device but recently got an iPad. Is there a way to get that content again other than paying for it twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, unfortunately. I wish FFG would use a shared login across platforms that tracks purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
But it works across the same platform with different devices, right?

I have an Android phone and an Android tablet and I was wondering about that. Should be linked to my Google Play account, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Whyman
United States
Vivian
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Cheeseburger wrote:
I've already paid for the DLC on my Android device but recently got an iPad. Is there a way to get that content again other than paying for it twice?

It is free on Amazon, but that may be due to my prime membership. But is this app the standard MoM game app? I downloaded it for free from Google apps, just search for Mansions of Madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scurvy duck wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:

It is free on Amazon, but that may be due to my prime membership. But is this app the standard MoM game app? I downloaded it for free from Google apps, just search for Mansions of Madness.

The app is a free download for everyone (or in a real sense, you paid for it when you bought the game) because the game is completely unplayable without it. However there is additional content (a couple extra scenarios) that are only unlocked when you buy them. It's the paid DLC they are referring to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like FFG have decided to skip any attempt at multi-platform for their apps sadly.

So it's Steam, Google Play or Apple store only - take your choice.

Sadly, I'm a multi-platform gamer, so the single platform lock-in makes the DLC less attractive for me. I strongly doubt FFG will chance their strategy here though, so I'm waivering on if I should invest more in game - the cost per scenario is rather high as it is, without needing to buy DLC multiple times to have it available to play in the various platforms I play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pantaloni
Italy
Camerata Picena
AN
flag msg tools
mb
sdrewthomson wrote:
But it works across the same platform with different devices, right?

I have an Android phone and an Android tablet and I was wondering about that. Should be linked to my Google Play account, no?

Yes, that's correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Caldinhas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Phantomwhale wrote:
Yeah, looks like FFG have decided to skip any attempt at multi-platform for their apps sadly.

So it's Steam, Google Play or Apple store only - take your choice.

Sadly, I'm a multi-platform gamer, so the single platform lock-in makes the DLC less attractive for me. I strongly doubt FFG will chance their strategy here though, so I'm waivering on if I should invest more in game - the cost per scenario is rather high as it is, without needing to buy DLC multiple times to have it available to play in the various platforms I play with.

My solution to this problem was to get an Android emulator on my PC. Since the DLCs are accessible if you download the app from the Google Play account where you bought them, I play them on all my devices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.