Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
When there is an empty space between the 2 bees or a bee and the queen : can I use my 1 movement to only move to that empty space?

Example in the image here what are blues options. I realise it's a bad picture as I can only go to the meadow but let's ignore my bad example and the meadow ignoring the meadow what can blue do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so we are ignoring that Blue must move to the meadow. Assuming (say) blue has the hiversion card and can loop the hive again, for One move it can only move to the +1 honey space. For two moves it could join white on the Queens Favour or get to the space beyond white on the +1 honey pot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Ok so we are ignoring that Blue must move to the meadow. Assuming (say) blue has the hiversion card and can loop the hive again, for One move it can only move to the +1 honey space. For two moves it could join white on the Queens Favour or get to the space beyond white on the +1 honey pot.

Excellent thanks Nick we have played this often but we are still not sure in some situations thanks for the clarification. We also really like new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's depressing that after 23 versions and numerous blind play testings, the rules still weren't clear enough when it went to print. I think I shall have to produce a player aid to bridge the gap(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
It's depressing that after 23 versions and numerous blind play testings, the rules still weren't clear enough when it went to print. I think I shall have to produce a player aid to bridge the gap(s).

It could also be our over reading of the rules or dumbness I think in a 4 player game the chances of their being a bee - empty space - bee/queen bee are smaller so maybe it doesn't show up. When there is an empty space as I read the rules the only option is to fly to it, are we making too much of the walk or fly action? Should we just see all movement as 1 space + honey pots/hive cards? Is there really any difference between walk and fly? Apart from walk to occupied / fly to unoccupied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Clements
msg tools
Yes wi1ky there's a great difference in the two movement choices; giving you the ability to join the same space as someone OR to choose something new beyond. All part of the clever mechanism this game offers. Throw in the random aversion of landing on the Queen and also the 'swap with the Queen' move this makes the journey through the hive a unique and exciting experience everytime.

But sadly yes Nick, I do think a rewrite or clarification of this movement in certain situations (ie when queen is on space before meadow) will help some what. Still a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.