Popular Tags: [View All]
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm hiring public officials:

Do I pay the bank for a "virtual" public official (so no actual official meeple gets removed from the board)?

Or am I actually hiring an existing official by paying its owner (and then removing the official just as I remove my own "spent" officials)?

Or is there some other method I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ray zoo
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
You pay the bank. You don't hire other people's officials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only hire officials when you do not have any officials in the plaza or the Nobles' offices. You can only remove your own player colour officials.

You pay the treasury value (1 to 5 réis) for each official you hire in this way.

For example, you have 1 official in the plaza and 1 official in the King's office. The plan you have requires 4 officials to open a Public Building. The treasury value at the time is 3. You must remove the officials from the plaza and King's office first, you can't hire officials if you have officials in the offices/plaza. You now need to hire 2 more officials to complete the plan. This would cost you 6 réis.

Advanced mode: There are clergy tiles and treasury cards you can play to your portfolio that will give discounts on money or officials needed. The discounts for money is only for the total amount, not per official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the VERY quick replies, gang. I was doing it right, but I wanted to make absolutely sure. I love this game, but it's a bit delicate. You can really screw it up by getting a rule wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.