Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This review will only cover the differences in gameplay from the basic game.

And the changes are not very major. What you get in the box is 2 sets of playing pieces, 11 new land hexes and 4 seatiles (2 with harbours) that can be used to extend the frame, a few more development cards and resource cards and finally a new set of number tokens.

When the board is set up it is made a little bigger with help of the extra tiles. The rest of the gameplay is almost identical except that when the active player have done his turn, then everybody may build whatever they like, using only the resource cards in their hands, no trade is allowed. This causes the game to be extended quite heavily because of the extra time needed for everyone to check if they can build and if so how they should build.

Overall this is not a bad addition to the basic game. Completely necessary if you want to play 5 or 6 players. It doesn't really add anything new to the game though and it feels like Kosmos is trying to milk everything they can out of the game by putting it in a separate box. My rating of 9/10 comes from the fact that the new hexes can be used to play some interesting variants(*) of the basic game as well as I quite liked to play it with 5 players. However I think it should have been included in the basic set from the beginning.

(*) Consider a game without ore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.