Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Pfungstadt-Eschollbrücken
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me first say, how much I like the physical appearance of the game. Very good job! The english rules are well written. Nevertheless I argue with one point regarding change of formations.

At which point in my turn am I allowed to change formation of my units (I don‘t mean change into square just before a cavalry attack. This rule is clear!)?
Example 14.10.1 of the rules say, that you can‘t change formation when more than one unit is attacking. So I can change from Line to column just before combat when I‘m attacked by only one unit for example?

Another question regards attachement of HQs. When attaching, do I put them on top of the unit?

I really like this game! I was so upset with Waterloo - Enemy Mistakes zombiethat I‘m really happy I found a hexless game on this topic with well written rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crisanto Lorente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marc !!!

I'm very glad that the game you like ... I hope you enjoy it in a fun battle evenings

Point 14.10.1 we put to clarify to the most "fussy" players that units can not change formation to improve their combat modifiers if they are already fighting. If you start the fight in line formation and continue the combat in later turns, you are still in line formation.

The HQ can be attached to the unit or above, as you prefer.

If you have any other questions, here we are to help you.

A greeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Crisanto!

Thank you very much for the fast reply. Another point I highly appreciate!
So to make it clear at last:
The only way to change formation is during the movement phase (and then I have only 1/2 movement allowance and may not attack during combat) or for infantry also just before cavalry attacks to form a square, right?

Gracias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crisanto Lorente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marc !!!

It is always a pleasure to be able to solve your doubts ... sometimes it takes us a while to answer for the work commitments that we have, but as soon as we can, we answer your questions.

Exactly, the change of formation is made in movement phase ... the change of formation to box against a cavalry attack is an exception that also carries a penalty if it can not be performed.

A greeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again! Great customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crisanto Lorente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you Marc !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.