Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed this out today and am playing it on a 10x10 Stratego board. I'm actually using the lakes on the board as prohibited terrain. Thanks to the designer for publishing this game.

a) I would like a clarification on placement of pieces after Training or Commissioning. The rules on p.5 state that one must pay their cost then 'set them aside' until 'ready for use' next turn. On p.6 under 'New Infantry Units' it says 'In future moves...'

Does this indicate that a unit cannot move on the turn it is placed, or is a 'future move' possible the same turn it is placed?

b) There is some un-clarity over orthagonal and diagonal movement, and adjacentcy.
P.5 says 'all...may move in any direction (orthogonal or diagonal). P.9 says 'Movement and Attack ranges are orthogonal.' Which is correct? Does moving diagonally cost two movement points?
When the rules use the term 'adjacent' (specifically for initial placement and for attack sums twice defence sums) does this include diagonally? Should one choose an orthogonally adjacent place or unit first and then a diagonal one if none is available?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jonathan. Thanks for checking out the game.

a) Nice catch. Poor wording on my part. On page 5, it says: "4) Train Military Units: ​Set aside the unit token for the unit to be trained, and
reduce your Gold marker by the cost of the unit. See Tech Tree section for unit pre‐requisites. At the start of your next turn, the unit will be completed and ready for use." So, once placed, it CAN be moved that same turn.

b) This one is just a mistake on my part. The movement grid on page 9 is correct. The wording on page 5 is NOT correct. I will correct the rules file. Adjacent means orthogonally adjacent.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.