Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if a survivor a survivor is standing directly adjacent to a lion when he begins a full move through the location in which the survivor is standing are they knocked back along the same path that the lion is traveling? Assuming that there is no grab associated to this movement the survivor is knocked back 5 spaces landing in the path that the lion is traveling only to be knocked back again once the lion finishes his movement.

or is the survivor knocked sideways at the initial collision?

I think that both could be valid interpretations of "directly away from the monster"

Given that the wording prior says, "At the end of the monster's movement, the survivor suffers collision" leading me to infer that perhaps the survivor is supposed to be dragged along with the monster and knockback spaces should be counted from where the monster ends its movement.

How have ppl been handling this in their games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmb
Survivors only suffer knockback if the monster ends its movement on the same space as the survivor. Otherwise, the survivor only suffers collision. Collision causes knockdown, not knockback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
If the lion moves through a survivor, they suffer Collision and are knocked down in the square they were in, without moving. Collision just means "knockdown exactly where you are".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! After today's earlier thread on collision I should have sussed this.

<hangs head in shame>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cschrad1 wrote:
Thank you! After today's earlier thread on collision I should have sussed this.

<hangs head in shame>

Roll on the Severe Shame table now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.