Subject: Boosting base action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules says that boosting the number on a base card requires discarding, rather than just evaluating, a number of gems.

I assume the gems still need to match the color of the action?

Also, can you still boost the action itself normally? Which I assume would happen after discarding for boosting base card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
Hvazadi wrote:
The rules says that boosting the number on a base card requires discarding, rather than just evaluating, a number of gems.

I assume the gems still need to match the color of the action?
The gems need to match the color of the base card. This could be different from the card on the map executed, which must be of the same type as the base card, but not necessarily the same color.

Hvazadi wrote:
Also, can you still boost the action itself normally? Which I assume would happen after discarding for boosting base card.
The base card is boosted before a map card is chosen to be executed. Any gems not discarded to boost the base card boost the map card as normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, of course. I had forgotten that many actions appear on different colors. Thanks for the quick reply. Just played the base game yesterday, loved it, looking forward to trying the bases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.