I'm a meeple person!
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed in my new 3rd edition copy that the total amount of these 4 buildings has increased:

The total amount of Storehouses has increased from 16 (4 per player) to 32 (8 per player).
The total amount of Fountains has increased from 16 (4 per player) to 32 (8 per player).
The total amount of Carts has increased from 16 (4 per player) to 20 (5 per player).
The total amount of Fisheries has increased from 12 (3 per player) to 16 (4 per player).

Two questions for Jeroen:

1. Why did you increase the amount of these buildings and how should this affect the gameplay in compression to the previous editions?

2. You have ruled before that the total amount of these buildings should not be scaled down in 2 and 3 player games. One of your reasons was that this "might be too strict in a 2-player game, making it more or less necessary to build 4 carts each (or at least that's my initial feeling)". Does your ruling change now that we have 5 Carts per player? Should we now scale down to a total of 16 Storehouses, 16 Fountains, 10 Carts and 8 Fisheries in a 2 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no need to scale down the number of buildings for 2- and 3-player games. We increased the numbers to make it less constraining in 4-player games as well - and there was room on the punchboards this time ;-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Guidote
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi. I also have question somewhat related to this.

You have this famine track with the otherside having the player order and the saints your cathedral is connected to.

Theres 4 of them. Is that natural? or do we just use two of them?

and the translucent black tokens thats to be used in place of the the pollution right?

Thanks
Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d_knight_rg wrote:
Hi. I also have question somewhat related to this.

You have this famine track with the otherside having the player order and the saints your cathedral is connected to.

Theres 4 of them. Is that natural? or do we just use two of them?

This is likely due to the way the punch boards were laid out. Cheaper just to print up 4 of them, even though you only need 2. The one with the player order and saints on it is the start of the Famine track, the other side (use a second board) is used if the Famine level gets higher than is allowed for on the first track.

d_knight_rg wrote:
and the translucent black tokens thats to be used in place of the the pollution right?

Thanks
Richard
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.