Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

1960: The Making of the President» Forums » General

Subject: Play 1960 in a Govt. Classroom? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question to those who have played. I own TS and feel it is brilliant. I have never played 1960, but a thought just dawned on me..

Could you play 1960 with a small high school Govt. class over a period of several class periods, taking a few actions every day? Split the class into two groups to play as teams for Kennedy or Nixon.

Thoughts or is the game to heavy to get it down and have the students feel the theme? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think TS works better as a "teaching" game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
I think TS works better as a "teaching" game.

How come? I think they would work about equally well (or perhaps equally poorly - they are both fairly complex and I'm not sure how well they could sustain interest over the days/weeks it would take to get through a game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could definitely do 1960. It would be a good exercise for the students and the tension may mount as Election Day approaches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.