Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Chaves
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just received my copy of the base game and Lost Legion this afternoon along with the Broken Tokens organizer/insert. After finding out about Ricky Royal I watched his walkthrough twice over the past couple of days to be ready for today. Once I got the game I got my insert assembled, went through the Lost Legions contents info to make sure I replaced the right stuff, and then this evening tried playing through the First Recon scenario. I'm pretty sure that I managed to play the rules 90-95% correctly (I know for a fact I screwed up placing map tiles at first, didn't realize the number on the tile should always face the portal), and I managed to complete the scenario just before dummy called end of round and I would be forced to as well.

If I understand the rules right, with me and dummy both able to take a turn after the city was uncovered, that means I succeeded? If so, well... my score was crap. I didn't do any adventuring, only claimed a single mage tower, and had a hell of a beating due to playing Arythea and grabbing Pain to Power with my first level (choice between it and Hot Swordsmanship), so I didn't strive too hard to heal myself completely. After everything was tallied up I only had a total of 25 fame. But hey, a win's a win, right?

Edit: Side note, no leadership bonuses at the end because I lost my guardsmen and my herbalists eating a hit from a summoner's medusa. I just about panicked when medusa came up as my first ever summoned monster, but at least I had the units to eat it since I didn't have enough block for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you carefully read the rules, so you should be well on your way.

On the standard conquest, when the last city falls, dummy does not get another turn (I'm pretty sure). Also, you succeed when the last city falls, even if end of round had been declared.

That being said, if you were doing the First Recon scenario, then you don't defeat the city; you just find it. Don't worry about the score for First Recon, as it's just to go through the sites slowly and learn the game. Now don't play First Recon anymore (unless teaching others) and go to the city conquest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Chaves
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah, I just meant that for First Recon the rules said that everyone has to take one more turn after the city is found before the game ends. I'm not sure if it's 'takes' to let people get a few final fame or if it's 'has to take' and you lose if not everyone can take that final round. Either way, I managed to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s the first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight has one of the best power arcs in boardgaming. From the first morning where you look out and lose hope... Bc you have only three days to explore all that area and then actually conquer a city. By day three you are mad with power, throwing a legion of expendable mortals at a city as you bring down its walls with one hand of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.