Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to start a thread devoted to hearing your stories of how you've made, or plan to make, this year's BGG.con a little bit better for your fellow gamers.

Whether it be a story about helping some folks struggle through a complicated rule book, introducing a game to a new player, finding a missing game piece and returning it safely to its game box, or just buying a stranger a piece of pie. Please share your stories here!

My contribution to CON Karma this year will be to sticker the library's copy of Command & Colors: Napoleonics.

For the greater gaming good!

#conkarma
(I don't actually have twitter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you accept stories of past cons?

If so, I noticed that Star Wars:The Queen’s Gambit didn’t have any associated card sleeves sizes available for it. So one year I found sleeves the right width but were too long and cut them down to size. So the game is now sleeved and will at least be available for play for a few more years without the card being marked or damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
majicbaby wrote:
I'd like to start a thread devoted to hearing your stories of how you've made, or plan to make, this year's BGG.con a little bit better for your fellow gamers.

Whether it be a story about helping some folks struggle through a complicated rule book, introducing a game to a new player, finding a missing game piece and returning it safely to its game box, or just buying a stranger a piece of pie. Please share your stories here!

My contribution to CON Karma this year will be to sticker the library's copy of Command & Colors: Napoleonics.

For the greater gaming good!

#conkarma
(I don't actually have twitter)
I did offer this one guy a ride to Dallas

edit: Also, I bought tickets for two friends who couldn't get online when they went on sale... though that's kind of a wash because that means two other people couldn't get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rhodes
msg tools
badge
Bigger on the Outside
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's small,

But I always try to teach one game to someone who has a teachers wanted sign, even if I don't plan on playing. Can you imagine if everyone did this? how many hours people save not reading rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mellby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the Hot Games room started I have taught there.
These days I start learning game rules in July and by the time the hot games are chosen I should know the rules to about 15 of the hot games.
I should be in the hot games area teaching most mornings until about 1, or whenever a lull in needing teachers occurs.
We don't have enough people to cover the room all the time but we help as well as we can, especially in the mornings and especially early in the Con.
Please look for me there and let me know what rules mistakes I have made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwarvenfriend wrote:
I know it's small,

But I always try to teach one game to someone who has a teachers wanted sign, even if I don't plan on playing. Can you imagine if everyone did this? how many hours people save not reading rules?
Good one. I have tried to do this too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
I received some karma, and it's worked out well.

5 years ago, Team Geek was formed for the first time. I was flying into Love Field and was looking for a ride over to the con hotel, and put a message out to my fellow Team Geek'ers. One fellow offered to pick me up, and was great in getting me from the airport, to the con hotel, with a stop at In and Out Burgers along the way. (He's a good sport.)

We got to know each other over the rest of the convention weekend (he's a good guy), and we're celebrating 5 years of being together this BGGCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwarvenfriend wrote:
I know it's small,

I do this also; when I'm between games I'll wander around and look for people who have out a game I know and either a teacher wanted sign up or just are obviously trying to learn from the rulebook. As you said, this can save so much time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, what a great start everyone! It's really nice to hear how so many people come together to make this great event even greater.

I fly to Texas tomorrow and am so excited for the con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.