Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw in one video (i think man vs meeple), that they mentioned you HAVE to move. But i cant find that in the rules anywhere.

Did i miss something ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
coobe wrote:
I saw in one video (i think man vs meeple), that they mentioned you HAVE to move. But i cant find that in the rules anywhere.

Did i miss something ?

No you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coobe wrote:
they mentioned you HAVE to move. But i cant find that in the rules anywhere.

Movement is completely optional. You MAY move before and/or after your action, but you MAY as well stay where you are.

As a result, you can perform multiple actions at the same location in consecutive turns.

Best regards
Stefan Malz

[Editor for Altiplano]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Séb V.
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
And just to be sure,i'm assuming it's ok, can I move to a location and pass ? (to be ready for next round)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
longlivethenewflesh wrote:
And just to be sure,i'm assuming it's ok, can I move to a location and pass ? (to be ready for next round)

Yes, you may.

Best regards
Stefan Malz

[Editor for Altiplano]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Séb V.
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malzspiele wrote:
Movement is completely optional. You MAY move before and/or after your action, but you MAY as well stay where you are.

What is the point of moving *after* your action? Why allow movement before AND after at all? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you're either going to want to take an action where your worker is, or you're going to want to move somewhere THEN take an action. I cannot think of a situation where I've needed to move after taking an action, and suggesting to players that they can just makes them stop to think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Why allow movement before AND after at all?

Why disallow it? In our testing sessions, many players preferred to move after their action and there was no reason to forbid that...

Best regards
Stefan Malz

[Editor for Altiplano]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You clearly don't play with some of the AP-prone arch-ditherers that I often encounter. If you give some people a decision, they dither over it - even if the decision is something that could be deferred until the start of their next turn, allowing them to think about it during everyone else's go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
You clearly don't play with some of the AP-prone arch-ditherers that I often encounter.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Best regards
Stefan Malz

[Editor for Altiplano]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Stockhausen
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Quote:
What is the point of moving *after* your action? Why allow movement before AND after at all? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you're either going to want to take an action

If you haven't used your "free" movement (the movement with the first cart you don't have to pay for) yet and you know, that you want to perform an action in another location next round, it would make sense to use this movement at the end of your turn. As you have this free movement again in the next round you don't need to waste it to get there, where you are, as you got already there with the movement after your last turn in the round before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AndyJ Baddice
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
crazykick wrote:
If you haven't used your "free" movement (the movement with the first cart you don't have to pay for) yet and you know, that you want to perform an action in another location next round, it would make sense to use this movement at the end of your turn. As you have this free movement again in the next round you don't need to waste it to get there, where you are, as you got already there with the movement after your last turn in the round before.

Exactly. We quite often move as the last 'thing' (I don't want to say 'action' because moving is not an action) you do each turn, even if you've used up your free cart. Let's say you have two carts, one free, one that costs a food to move. If you think there's a good chance that you'll get another food on the next round to 're-load' the cart with and that you don't need for another purpose then it makes sense to use all your available carts before the current rounds ends, if the result sets you up nicely for the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.