Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When attacking a stack, can you attack BOTH defending units (assuming you add both defenders defense together) ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Isagam
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about Vol II but in VOL I you had to declare an individual target to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes Vol. II is the same. But why not be able to “spray” your fire over the entire defending stack, selecting both defending units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
msg tools
I'm reading game creator minds here, so YMMV.
Reason 1: game balance. The game can be deadly as is. One strong attack, say by a stacked unit with support weapons, could decimate everything in a hex. I think they want it quick and deadly but not overly so.
Reason 2: Realism. Each hex represents 50m of real world terrain. Each squad you attack is probably closely situated as a unit, but the other enemy squad in the same hex may be farther away as you pound the first squad to pieces.

I like it because it creates different tactical situations and decisions. If you attack a stack, you know someone can retaliate next impulse.

You could house rule it though. I would be inclined to penalize the attacker (1/2 FP?)on both attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.