Subject: Card #327 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The persona "brewer" gives you 1 VP and 1 coin whenever you "use a building in order to receive a friend card" (which is my own back translation of German "ein Gebäude benutzt, um eine Freundeskarte zu erhalten"). Now in the FAQ, there is an entry about persona cards (different ones than the brewer though), that makes me wonder whether the brewer works similarly, i.e. whether the benefit of the building has to be an actual friend card icon, not the general advancement card icon that e.g. the market has, or whether you could even achieve the friend card indirectly, through an assistant or helper, say, and still trigger the brewer.

Any help appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your question! Whenever a card says something like, "whenever you use a building to gain X", it doesn't matter if the X is printed on the building or not, as there are other ways to trigger X. So it's different than the example in the FAQ, with refers to something in Game 1 (very minor spoiler) where you have a card that says something like, "Whenever you use a building with a brick cost, gain 1 VP." That's referring to the printed cost on the building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks for the quick response Jamey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick follow-up while we're at it:

jameystegmaier wrote:
So it's different than the example in the FAQ, with refers to something in Game 1 (very minor spoiler) where you have a card that says something like, "Whenever you use a building with a brick cost, gain 1 VP." That's referring to the printed cost on the building.

Just to be extra sure, for those cards it must indeed be the actual cost printed on the building I am using, right? It wouldn't suffice if the brick was printed on a building I am building via the zeppelin, since what counts is that on the zeppelin only the "any resource" bag icon is printed. The emphasis on "being printed" (which we understood as opposed to "up to the player's choice") has left us a little unsure, but we're probably just overzealously interpreting the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, it's the building you're using. The icon must be printed on the building (the "any resource" icon doesn't count).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And thanks again, I think now we're good to move on to game 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.