Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ever-Advancing (Garrek Upgrade) against Knockback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an interesting situation we discovered today:

Garrek has an upgrade Ever-Advancing, which reads:

Reaction: When this fighter could be driven back during an Attack action (whether or not your opponent chooses to do so), you can instead push them (Garrek) one hex.

Knockback: Any second or subsequent hex of Knockback must be in the same direction as the original push (driven back). Knockback only happens on a successful attack.

Alright, Garrek get's attacked and the attack is successful with Knockback 1. I choose to make a push with Garrek (doesn't matter which direction, I think) instead of getting driven back - does the attacker still get to make a Knockback 1? And if so, can he only make it in the same direction as the push Garrek made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garrek's Ever-Advancing says he's not driven back, so Knockback doesn't trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
You need to be driven back to be knocked back so no, garrek isn't moved by that silly liberator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obelisk Sparrow
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I believe "them" in the phrase "... instead push them one hex" refer to the attacker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lokibes wrote:
I believe "them" in the phrase "... instead push them one hex" refer to the attacker?

No, "the attacker" isn't mentioned in the card, so "them" can't refer to the attacker. "Opponent" is the player, not the model.

Also the card title "Ever Advancing" applies to Garrek. Rather than being battered backwards, he is forging ahead through the blows towards the next victim...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.