Garrett Stewart
United States
LOS ANGELES
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I made a post about this already, but I'm really stressing out about which one of these to get.

On one hand I want the insert, so when I get the expansions I will have a place for all of them, instead of a bunch of boxes everywhere.

On the other hand, I feel like the added tokens, and rules (Sheriff Anderson can search outside now, wtf?) are a little bit much.

Even though the updated cards for Fire rules would be nice.

I just don't know guys, I'm having a tough time thinking about which one I need to purchase.

Because another thing: The miniatures like fire, and gas markers, wounds, and xp tokens I've realized I don't need, and I probably won't even use them. The truck is nice though because it's a hard item instead of a cardboard thing laying on the board.

I do also like the added characters, even though I felt like some of them were only really good just for the cards that were played. (Does that mean you need to remove their help cards from the deck?)

Also, between the zombie spawning X's and the cardboard tokens, I'd much rather have the tokens. The X's just look... not good.

So, I don't know guys, I really don't.

It kind of makes me feel like the ONLY reason I truly want the 10AE is the dark tiles, and mainly the insert to organize all the expansions (that I don't even have yet).

Should I just save the money, and get the base game? or should I go all out and get the 10AE?

I'm honestly sick to my stomach thinking about it, and can't really get this game out of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own everything out for LNOE and still bought the anniversary addition. I mostly wanted the plastic bits as I have wanted a truck on the board ever since I saw some pics where guys found these cool blue toy trucks they were using. If it's a money thing I can tell you that you will have tons of fun out of the basic edition. We have.I don't think any of this game is too much for new players.

Some perspective - basic edition is 50 bucks on Amazon. I got the 10th anniversary edition pre-ordered through miniature market for 67 + 6 for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:
I own everything out for LNOE and still bought the anniversary addition. I mostly wanted the plastic bits as I have wanted a truck on the board ever since I saw some pics where guys found these cool blue toy trucks they were using. If it's a money thing I can tell you that you will have tons of fun out of the basic edition. We have.I don't think any of this game is too much for new players.

Some perspective - basic edition is 50 bucks on Amazon. I got the 10th anniversary edition pre-ordered through miniature market for 67 + 6 for shipping.

I just noticed this 10th Anniversary.

I too own EVERYTHING. We were just talking about this game last game night. We haven't played it in years. We were saying the rules just got over-bloated and just too much.

When I saw this, I thought 'hey maybe I just get it so that I can have the 'original experience' without all the 'excess'.

(I also own EVERYTHING for Nuclear War and 7 Wonders [and at one point in time Carc] yet I also own just base game sets of each so as to 'go back to the 'basics'. 7 Wonders and Carc I almost always now play base game only.)

This might be something in that vein.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious to know what you decided.

Some points:
You only play one scenario at a time, so that helps tone down the “bloating effect” tremendously. Each scenario is specific to which parts get included, and you leave the rest out for that game.

Expansion cards are marked, so they are easy to separate when you are done.

I can already tell that my expansion scenarios are going to get played much more. And since some of the expansions are GREAT, that makes me happy. For example, Survival of the Fittest is a small box expansion that wouldn’t fit in the original box, and it is fantastic. It didn’t get played as often as I would have liked due to the awkardness of transporting two differently sized boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.