Subject: Using Galactus with Ferry Disaster Scheme? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does it work? Does the ferry turn around as soon as it hits a destroyed city space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I counter with another question. What would the ferry be doing on the rooftops? Or in the bank?

It doesn't turn around until you hit a specific twist, according to the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
I counter with another question. What would the ferry be doing on the rooftops? Or in the bank?

It's a pretty awesome ferry. When you board and say where you're going, they ask, "What floor?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrellArcher wrote:
TravelSized wrote:

It's a pretty awesome ferry. When you board and say where you're going, they ask, "What floor?"

And then you end up in the sewers.

Comfortable seats, odd smell. Would not ride again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Real helpful guys

This happened last night and couldn't find an answer on-line after started playing.

I randomized the setup. As the game progressed, the ferry was in the 3rd city space, and then Galactus' 3rd master strike came out... So:

1. Does it destroy the ferry and end the game?
2. Does it push the ferry back a space?
3. Does the ferry ignore the effects of Masterstrikes, and keep sailing through the destroyed city?
4. If the ferry is pushed back a space, does it not move when Twists come out until the 5th one when it starts moving right again?

I picked #4, but I'm not sure. Everything seemed too advantageous or too non-advantageous to be a good solution.

It's interesting that there is an edge case for Galactus mentioned in the rules for Homecoming - about using him with Striker keyword. But yet, no mention of what to do with him with this new scheme introduced in the set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.