Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarify me this quickie one:

1.In a 2 player game a baddie with "Hardy" can take 2 damage in 1 combat round assuming that both Gearlocks have attacked him....am I right?

2.Or is only 1 damage per combat round regardless of how many Gearlocks attacked him?

Thanks in advance!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) You are right.
2.) see above

Edit: theoretically further damage per combat round from other baddies turns (engulf) / including himself (when poisoned or bleeding or facing tantrums lashback or, or, or...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 is most correct. A Baddie with Hardy can take at most one damage per turn (a turn is one character doing its actions - a round is all characters taking their turns). So it can take 1 damage on each of the Gearloc's turns, but could also potentially take a damage on its own turn if it has an effect such as Poison or Bleed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
LOUISVILLE
Kentucky
flag msg tools
One DMG per gearloc's turn. That also includes bots/companions. So on Tink's turn if he deals DMG and the bot deals DMG as well, the baddie with hardy will have the total DMG reduced to 1 since gearloc and their pet's DMG are on the same turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sPORKaccione wrote:
One DMG per gearloc's turn. That also includes bots/companions. So on Tink's turn if he deals DMG and the bot deals DMG as well, the baddie with hardy will have the total DMG reduced to 1 since gearloc and their pet's DMG are on the same turn

Yes, but ghillie's companions have their own turn just before ghillie..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Ghillie's companions would work well against Hardy since they can contribute on a different turn (Tink's bot is on the same turn unfortunately). Also, let's not forget that the Baddies also have a turn in which they can take damage (bleed, poison). And of course in the Fatigue rounds, Hardy does not protect against this either.

In theory, late in the battle, a unit with Hardy can technically take 4 damage in a round with a 2 Gearloc Adventure.

-Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dewdundency wrote:
In theory, late in the battle, a unit with Hardy can technically take 4 damage in a round with a 2 Gearloc Adventure.

Or if one of the gearlocs is Ghillie, with 3 companions out, the baddie could technically take 7 damage in a round!!

Is that correct? Does each companion have their own turn, or do all 3 companions count as one turn? Still, 5 damage total!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol Lindy, no you are correct I love it! It's always about trying to think creatively like that! Oftentimes we can miss something that is under our very noses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course - getting all 3 companions out at the same time, and able to surround the baddie all at once, well, that would be amazing!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
diddypi wrote:
Dewdundency wrote:

Or if one of the gearlocs is Ghillie, with 3 companions out, the baddie could technically take 7 damage in a round!!

Is that correct? Does each companion have their own turn, or do all 3 companions count as one turn? Still, 5 damage total!

Plus up to 3 other baddie turns if they all happen to have engulf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I'm talking about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all !!!

This game has changed my solo experience a lot!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.