Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
natx 17
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just got this game and, after playing the first turn (let´s say it was a practice game) I found 3 doubts that I need to ask:

- Belgium: Does Belgium start as part of the AFA? I mean, if the Germans do not attack Belgium on turn one, can the allies move troops there?

- New units: When building new units, they must be placed in their HC. Is this to be interpreted in a restrictive way? For instance, the AFA units labelled as French, must be placed only in France? Same for the Axis: It units only in Italy?

- Also...in case the Germans just attacked and conquered Poland, would the AFA get 2VPs at the end of the turn?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
natx17 wrote:
Hi,

I just got this game and, after playing the first turn (let´s say it was a practice game) I found 3 doubts that I need to ask:

- Belgium: Does Belgium start as part of the AFA? I mean, if the Germans do not attack Belgium on turn one, can the allies move troops there?

- New units: When building new units, they must be placed in their HC. Is this to be interpreted in a restrictive way? For instance, the AFA units labelled as French, must be placed only in France? Same for the Axis: It units only in Italy?

- Also...in case the Germans just attacked and conquered Poland, would the AFA get 2VPs at the end of the turn?

Thanks,

Hi,

Welcome to the world of Blitz ;-).

1) Belgium-Netherlands are neutral. Someone would have to declare war on that country to bring it into the war.

2) Yes, newly built units must arrive as reinforcements in their home country. Exception: a FORT may be placed anywhere you can trace a Supply Line.

3) Possibly yes, although that depends on what else was going on around the world. The AFA often will get a few VPs early in the game. (Getting them later on can be harder for the AFA however.)

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
natx 17
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dave. It´s been long since I did not feel so excited about a new game

And why it does not have a microbadge????surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Glad to hear it! As for the microbadge, I have no idea how those operate. Maybe you can tell me??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
natx 17
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
Glad to hear it! As for the microbadge, I have no idea how those operate. Maybe you can tell me??

Err....I think it has to be designed and then approved.

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge_Design_and_Su...

Alas, I have no design skills at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
This raises the question: why would I want a microbadge? What does it signify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Dave,

fans of the game can add it to their Avatar images.

As you scroll over my Avatar, on the bottom for example, you will see micro-badges for ASL, Battlelore, For the People, etc...

It would be a good idea for a Blitz design so we could add it as fans of the game, you see ?

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
This raises the question: why would I want a microbadge? What does it signify?

It doesn't SIGNIFY anything - except that whoever buys the microbadge is (in this case) presumably a fan of Blitz! Like my left-most microbadge says I'm a WIF fan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Aha! Thanks guys. I'll look into making up something.

Signed,
Clueless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
natx 17
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok...new doubts have arised!

- Retreat results: In a ground combat where the defender commited some air units, if the attacker wins and forces the enemy to retreat...do air units count when calculating 1/3 or 2/3? I mean, can they be selected as one of the units that retreats?

- VPs and It´s War Status: I´m not sure how it works. Let´s take for instance the factory in France once it is conquered by Germany. It is clear that it means +1VP for the Germans and +1 War Status for the US in the turn it happens, but...what about the other turns? Do the Germans keep scoring 1Vp each turn?

Same for the other VPs as "Fortress Europa". Is it scored turn after turn if the conditions are met?

- This one is trickier, I understand the rules but I guess I need more practice: I know that a land unit can be carried overseas by a TRS, either from base to base or landing from a TRs in an adjacent area. So...which one is better? Is it only a matter of available actions?

Thx,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
natx17 wrote:
Ok...new doubts have arised!

- Retreat results: In a ground combat where the defender commited some air units, if the attacker wins and forces the enemy to retreat...do air units count when calculating 1/3 or 2/3? I mean, can they be selected as one of the units that retreats?

Happy to help! Only land units are affected by a Land Round. So when some units are forced to retreat as a result of a letter result from the Land Round, only land units will be affected.

natx17 wrote:
- VPs and It´s War Status: I´m not sure how it works. Let´s take for instance the factory in France once it is conquered by Germany. It is clear that it means +1VP for the Germans and +1 War Status for the US in the turn it happens, but...what about the other turns? Do the Germans keep scoring 1Vp each turn?

Firstly be careful to keep VPs and It's War status separate. The +1 VP for Germany taking Paris has no effect on the USA or USSR It's War.

Germany taking 2 Resources in Paris will give the USA and USSR +2 to their It's War status.

Taking a Factory gives an immediate VP boost, but only when the Factory is taken. There is no recurring gain in future turns.

natx17 wrote:
Same for the other VPs as "Fortress Europa". Is it scored turn after turn if the conditions are met?

These "standard" VP conditions can give +1 every turn.

natx17 wrote:
- This one is trickier, I understand the rules but I guess I need more practice: I know that a land unit can be carried overseas by a TRS, either from base to base or landing from a TRs in an adjacent area. So...which one is better? Is it only a matter of available actions?

Thx,

I'll have to let you know that out ;-). "Better" depends on the circumstances of the game.

Good luck,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
natx 17
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And another one...sorry if I am a nuisance!

- Return to base: if it is voluntary, must it be to the nearest base, or can I choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
natx17 wrote:
And another one...sorry if I am a nuisance!

- Return to base: if it is voluntary, must it be to the nearest base, or can I choose?

You can choose any base in range in this case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.