LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

From what I've read, the distribution problem that's canceled preorders only affects NA. So they reopened the PM so that people can still get it. Problem is they are offering this fix to US residents. Canadians have not been offered a solution. Seriously?
Ship them up from whatever warehouse is holding them in the US. Please be fair and recognize that we have really been screwed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you really need to create a new topic when there are already 2-3 of them discussing the issue?

If you really wanted the game that much, you just had to back it on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Please be fair and recognize that we have really been screwed here.

First of all it was not me who screwed up.
Second you could have either backed the KS or do a late pledge until recently.
Third you can probably still order from Funagain and ask them to ship it to Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
Did you really need to create a new topic when there are already 2-3 of them discussing the issue?

If you really wanted the game that much, you just had to back it on Kickstarter.

Yes I really did. I am frustrated and I would like a solution to be offered for Canadians. The other threads were more broadly focused.

And if you don’t mind, the comment about backing on Kickstarter is a little rude, not to mention not your business as to why I didn’t back.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:

And if you don’t mind, the comment about backing on Kickstarter is a little rude, not to mention not your business as to why I didn’t back.

Thanks

Juma is the designer, by the way. He's not trying to be rude, he's pointing to the fact that there were multiple ways to get the game for you--even until very recently. Essentially, he's saying that you've only been screwed because you waited too long--not because he willfully doesn't want to sell to Canadians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:

This +1. Quit throwing your toys out of your pram.

You could’ve KS it in the first place, and copies will be reprinted in 2018. Wait a few months, no big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovatormentor wrote:
Quote:
Please be fair and recognize that we have really been screwed here.

First of all it was not me who screwed up.
Second you could have either backed the KS or do a late pledge until recently.
Third you can probably still order from Funagain and ask them to ship it to Canada.

Juma - First, nowhere in my posts did I say you had screwed up. I said we are screwed. Feel free to reread them.
Second, the comment about backing on kickstater isn’t really fair as it doesn’t address the present situation at all. We all know that hindsight is 20/20.
Third, I would have absolutely late pledged earlier (than my attempt yesterday) but I was informed YESTERDAY that my preorder was effectively canceled. I immediately dug through the forums and discovered the late pledge reopened and so I attempted to do just that. Turns out I couldn’t.
And finally, if I order from Funagain, it will cost me literally double the price of the copy I’d preordered here (60 vs 120). Sure it’s an option, but it’s not a reasonable one.

I am petitioning you to try to find a solution for Canadians. We are the only ones who have no access to the game as it stands. Can you ship to Canadians from the US hub? And therefore let us in on the pledge manager?

Failing this, when will Canadian distributors have access to the game?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
Quit throwing your toys out of your pram.

This is an aggressive comment. The only thing it’s good for is starting a fight. Please avoid them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you. To be honest your message does sound quite aggressive and it seems as if you make me responsible to solve your problems.

Quote:
copies will be reprinted in 2018. Wait a few months, no big deal.

I am honored that you seem to care so much about my game but in the end it is just a game.

• [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:

No kidding. Dude just wants to whine.

Funagain is taking preorders that will ship. They ship to Canada. Problem solved. Please stop whining. It’s sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovatormentor wrote:
I can't help you. To be honest your message does sound quite aggressive and it seems as if you make me responsible to solve your problems.

Quote:

I am honored that you seem to care so much about my game but in the end it is just a game.

Well truthfully it was going to be a gift and I was really stoked to give it.
Disappointing but there are other games I guess. Best of luck.

And Jesse, I already indicated why Funagain wasn’t a viable option. I am not whining. If you were in my position you would also be frustrated. So please don’t judge me. You don’t know me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:

Juma - First, nowhere in my posts did I say you had screwed up. I said we are screwed. Feel free to reread them.

Maybe you should reread them. Literally the sentence before you say you've been screwed you ask "someone" to ship copies from the US to Canada. If you are suggesting that Juma isn't the someone that should ship the copies and screwed you, then who exactly is?

LJplays wrote:

Second, the comment about backing on kickstater isn’t really fair as it doesn’t address the present situation at all. We all know that hindsight is 20/20.

You're right that it doesn't help your situation now, I suppose, but it is a fair comment. You seem to be doing nothing more than going out to buy the most popular Christmas toy on Christmas eve and getting upset with retailers who no longer have stock.

LJplays wrote:

Third, I would have absolutely late pledged earlier (than my attempt yesterday) but I was informed YESTERDAY that my preorder was effectively canceled. I immediately dug through the forums and discovered the late pledge reopened and so I attempted to do just that. Turns out I couldn’t.

As has been discussed in the other various threads, this was not Juma's fault.

LJplays wrote:

And finally, if I order from Funagain, it will cost me literally double the price of the copy I’d preordered here (60 vs 120). Sure it’s an option, but it’s not a reasonable one.

I am petitioning you to try to find a solution for Canadians. We are the only ones who have no access to the game as it stands. Can you ship to Canadians from the US hub? And therefore let us in on the pledge manager?

Juma will have to correct me, but I am fairly sure that because Funagain fulfilled all of the KS copies--Funagain is the US hub for Clans for now. So, to be clear putting your two points above together, there is a solution for Canadians, just not one that you find reasonable. It is unfortunately true that shipping from the US to Canada is much more expensive than packages going the other way. Even small packages that I have sent to Canada have cost me $45 USD and that was several years ago. So to be clear, I understand that you are frustrated with the situation but no one has screwed you here except for circumstance. Your posts suggest that Juma simply doesn't care about Canadians which just is demonstrably untrue. He has an option available for you, you simply do not like the realities of the solution.

LJplays wrote:

I can't answer this for you, but given his response to the same basic question over and over again, sign up for his newsletter to get this kind of info. He likely has no idea right now.

Now I want to clarify--I'm sorry that you can't get a copy of this excellent game as soon as you'd like it. I am sympathetic to your situation, really, I am. I just think your posts have reflected a tone that continue to blame Juma for things that he is not responsible for. I want to jump in an defend him because he is a brand-new, small operation that doesn't deserve to be blamed for the realities of this situation. I was so impressed with his professionalism during the KS project that I want him to be recognized for being awesome, that's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
LJplays wrote:

Maybe you should reread them. Literally the sentence before you say you've been screwed you ask "someone" to ship copies from the US to Canada. If you are suggesting that Juma isn't the someone that should ship the copies and screwed you, then who exactly is?

LJplays wrote:

You're right that it doesn't help your situation now, I suppose, but it is a fair comment. You seem to be doing nothing more than going out to buy the most popular Christmas toy on Christmas eve and getting upset with retailers who no longer have stock.

LJplays wrote:

As has been discussed in the other various threads, this was not Juma's fault.

LJplays wrote:

Juma will have to correct me, but I am fairly sure that because Funagain fulfilled all of the KS copies--Funagain is the US hub for Clans for now. So, to be clear putting your two points above together, there is a solution for Canadians, just not one that you find reasonable. It is unfortunately true that shipping from the US to Canada is much more expensive than packages going the other way. Even small packages that I have sent to Canada have cost me $45 USD and that was several years ago. So to be clear, I understand that you are frustrated with the situation but no one has screwed you here except for circumstance. Your posts suggest that Juma simply doesn't care about Canadians which just is demonstrably untrue. He has an option available for you, you simply do not like the realities of the solution.

LJplays wrote:

I can't answer this for you, but given his response to the same basic question over and over again, sign up for his newsletter to get this kind of info. He likely has no idea right now.

Now I want to clarify--I'm sorry that you can't get a copy of this excellent game as soon as you'd like it. I am sympathetic to your situation, really, I am. I just think your posts have reflected a tone that continue to blame Juma for things that he is not responsible for. I want to jump in an defend him because he is a brand-new, small operation that doesn't deserve to be blamed for the realities of this situation. I was so impressed with his professionalism during the KS project that I want him to be recognized for being awesome, that's all.

I don’t understand the Christmas Eve comment. Just to be clear, I preordered this in the summer.

I am not meaning to suggest that Juma screwed up. What I really mean is that [due to these circumstances] Canadians are screwed. That’s all it is.
I can’t begin to understand or appreciate Juma’s position. I don’t mean to insult him in any way.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovatormentor wrote:

Quote:

And I will take this as a confirmation that the game will also be in Canada in 2018 (in an earlier post you had referenced US in March 2018).

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:

I don’t understand the Christmas Eve comment. Just to be clear, I preordered this in the summer.

Do you honestly think my Christmas Eve analogy had anything to do with the time you preordered?

It's the same principle as that situation. You waited too long until the options for your region are almost gone. The only one left you don't like.

Even though you only responded to a few of my points, reread the point where I explain that there is no other solution for you if you don't want to order from Funagain. That is the solution and the fact that you do not like it doesn't make it non-existent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
LJplays wrote:

Do you honestly think my Christmas Eve analogy had anything to do with the time you preordered?

It's the same principle as that situation. You waited too long until the options for your region are almost gone. The only one left you don't like.

Even though you only responded to a few of my points, reread the point where I explain that there is no other solution for you if you don't want to order from Funagain. That is the solution and the fact that you do not like it doesn't make it non-existent.

No I really don’t understand I guess. I only found out yesterday that my preorder was canceled. So now my only choice is to pay double and get it from Funagain. How did I wait until the last minute?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
Innovatormentor wrote:

Quote:

And Jesse, I already indicated why Funagain wasn’t a viable option. I am not whining. If you were in my position you would also be frustrated. So please don’t judge me. You don’t know me.

I wouldn’t be creating three threads to complain. I’d move on. I’m not so entitled to believe that a game designer owes me anything.

Funagain charges $50 to ship to Canada? Even if that’s the case, surely you know someone in the US. Have them order it and ship it to you if you want it so bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:
LJplays wrote:
Innovatormentor wrote:

Quote:

I wouldn’t be creating three threads to complain. I’d move on. I’m not so entitled to believe that a game designer owes me anything.

Funagain charges $50 to ship to Canada? Even if that’s the case, surely you know someone in the US. Have them order it and ship it to you if you want it so bad?

The threads just kind of evolved as I got a clearer picture of what had happened. That’s all. As for numbers I quoted, they are all in CAD. I don’t feel entitled. Just frustrated. But I didn’t deserve to be called names. So disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
reddish22 wrote:
LJplays wrote:

No I really don’t understand I guess. I only found out yesterday that my preorder was canceled. So now my only choice is to pay double and get it from Funagain. How did I wait until the last minute?

But your preorder was with some random retailer that didn't have copies to sell. That doesn't make it Juma's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
LJplays wrote:
reddish22 wrote:
LJplays wrote:

But your preorder was with some random retailer that didn't have copies to sell. That doesn't make it Juma's fault.

Oh dear. From my perspective, I had no cause to think that my preorder would be canceled. You indicated that I waited until the last minute, but I didn’t. FWIW, 401 Games is as ‘random’ as Coolstuff, Funagain, and Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I preordered from 401 in October. At that point, I was still able to late pledge, but I figured I'd save myself a few bucks, since the late pledge shipping was about $10-15 more expensive than me buying it local.

It's alright, I will happily wait until Q1 2018 for the reprint. Some people were scared that a reprint wouldn't happen until mid-2018, so this is good enough.

Have way too many games to play anyway. Backlog pile of shame >_<
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:

I don't have any stake in this (I already have a copy of CoC, bought from a KS backer here who changed their mind, thankfully), but to clarify, it's not just Funagain, it's USPS in general.

It won't matter who ships the game up, Funagain, or private citizen, USPS charges twice as much to ship a small boxed game from US to Canada, what it costs me to mail a game package the other way (and I send a lot of used games cross border). Heck, I can ship games to most of Europe cheaper than a game can get shipped to Canada from the US.

It's an option, but only if you want to pay about C$60 in postage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:

I don't have any stake in this (I already have a copy of CoC, bought from a KS backer here who changed their mind, thankfully), but to clarify, it's not just Funagain, it's USPS in general.

It won't matter who ships the game up, Funagain, or private citizen, USPS charges twice as much to ship a small boxed game from US to Canada, what it costs me to mail a game package the other way (and I send a lot of used games cross border). Heck, I can ship games to most of Europe cheaper than a game can get shipped to Canada from the US.

That’s crazy. It’s the same for all carriers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:

That’s crazy. It’s the same for all carriers?

In my experience its always been about the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mooken wrote:
I preordered from 401 in October. At that point, I was still able to late pledge, but I figured I'd save myself a few bucks, since the late pledge shipping was about $10-15 more expensive than me buying it local.

It's alright, I will happily wait until Q1 2018 for the reprint. Some people were scared that a reprint wouldn't happen until mid-2018, so this is good enough.

Have way too many games to play anyway. Backlog pile of shame >_<

FYI: the reprint will start in about January. Copies won’t hit shelves until March/April at the earliest. I suppose the end of Q1 is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.