Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Earley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the Shawnee just start with fewer tokens on their home space? Or does the player have fewer tokens for the whole game, removing them from play?

Does the Ojibwa power let you activate a tile somewhere else on your board, or must it be within your chosen row/column/diagonal for the round? Is this a fourth action (that would seem way too powerful) or are you just placing the black cylinder and immediately placing another cylinder so you'll be done taking turns before the other players? I assume the latter, since you took the black cylinder instead of one of your own so still only have four total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
christophyr wrote:
Do the Shawnee just start with fewer tokens on their home space? Or does the player have fewer tokens for the whole game, removing them from play?

They start with 4 Warriors in their Home territory and 3 in the Long House.

Quote:
Does the Ojibwa power let you activate a tile somewhere else on your board, or must it be within your chosen row/column/diagonal for the round? Is this a fourth action (that would seem way too powerful) or are you just placing the black cylinder and immediately placing another cylinder so you'll be done taking turns before the other players? I assume the latter, since you took the black cylinder instead of one of your own so still only have four total.

It must be within your chose row/column/diagonal. The "only" advantage is that it allows you to performs 2 actions back-to-back with no fear of other players disrupting your plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christophyr wrote:

Just starts with 1 less warrior in the Home village.

christophyr wrote:

Yes, I confirm it's the second one: when you place the black cylinder, you immediately place another one, so you'll be done taking turns before the other players. You don't have to use the black cylinder as the first one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Mariov wrote:
christophyr wrote:

Just starts with 1 less warrior in the Home village.

And 2 in the Long House? Meaning that the 7th Warrior is out of the game for the entire game?

I'm asking because the general rules for setup mention "keep your remaining 2 Warriors", which - in the Shawnee's case - may either become:
a) "keep your remaining 3 Warriors", or
b) "keep 2 Warriors".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Earley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, and sorry, I didn't have the text in front of me as I posted this, so I got the Shawnee text wrong--you just "start with one warrior less".

So the question was: That warrior is placed in your longhouse and can enter play through the ritual action? Or is it placed back in the game box and you play the whole game with one warrior less? From your reply it sounds like the first thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the 3rd Warrior starts in the Long House
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.