Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I've done a quick search through the forums but I couldn't find anything, so I apologise in advance if this has been mentioned and my search-fu has failed. For some reason, I was under the impression the 1.5 upgrade pack (which arrived today) would include a new insert for the main game box. Was this idea cancelled or changed at some point, or did I completely misunderstand? I don't tend to follow updates for Kickstarters once the campaign is over, so this may have been addressed somewhere and I didn't see it?

Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
He told that would be too big to fit. But yoy can request it at later time if you need it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The problem with the insert is it's nearly as big as the entire core game box, making it expensive to ship. I was under the impression the inserts would be available later for those willing to pay the shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
More precisely, Adam stated that he wanted to make new inserts available to upgrade buyers, but that resulted impossible because of the resulting box size, that would have created shipping costs increases and further delays.

So, after Wave 3 Adam will probably see if we have forgotten the issue and will gauge effective interests - if it will appear to be doable, he will probably ship it separately (probably, in that mysterious wave 5...), otherwise he will just scrap the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that sucks a bit. My insert is all smashed to bejesus so it would have been nice to have a new one. But not the end of the world. Quality of all the 1.5 upgrade stuff looks great. Just need to work up the energy to think about maybe trying to play the game again at some point.

Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, the new insert does not seem to be that big of an improvement. I don't have the original game, but have answered a number of questions about the new insert. The biggest problem is that the card dividers stick up above the insert, so the board rests on top of them (or you can angle the cards, but then I'm guessing there won't be room for very many expansions). I'm planning to get a 3rd-party or DIY insert sometime around when Wave 2 ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schrike wrote:
FYI, the new insert does not seem to be that big of an improvement. I don't have the original game, but have answered a number of questions about the new insert. The biggest problem is that the card dividers stick up above the insert, so the board rests on top of them (or you can angle the cards, but then I'm guessing there won't be room for very many expansions). I'm planning to get a 3rd-party or DIY insert sometime around when Wave 2 ships.

Thanks.

I actually did look into it a bit more after posting this and found a thread saying that the board still sits on the dividers, which pretty much killed my interest in the new insert (although, obviously, it would have been nice to have received it because I was expecting to!). Luckily I'm never going to buy any expansions for the game, so it should be relatively easy for me to knock up a replacement that holds everything and not have to worry about future storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I received my 1.5 upgrade pack today and just finished integrating it all into the box. As the upgrade pack contained slightly shorter replacemet dividers, I assumed these would sit below the insert, they don't. You still have to tilt the cards, or squish the dividers with the board. Why bother making the dividers shorter in the upgrade pack if they still dont solve the problem?

Was surprised to hear that even the new insert does not account for the height of the new dividers though, that just seems bizzare.

Also the hardback rule book does not fit in the designated space in the old insert, which again is a bit annoying. At the moment I have just sat that stuff on top of the board which works okay.

If they havent fixed the insert height problem then I wont bother purchasing an upgraded insert (if one ever becomes available).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoxe
msg tools
I've had worse.
badge
It's just a flesh wound.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to another thread on the topic. The timeline on Page 2 is helpful.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1863937/whats-vac-tray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awsh wrote:

Was surprised to hear that even the new insert does not account for the height of the new dividers though, that just seems bizzare.

As someone who started with 1.5, I was disappointed/confused by this, too. Someone else suggested that the insert was designed more to allow the model pack to be included inside the box (with the box lid sitting flush) rather than for long-term game storage. Which still seems lazy, but at least it makes a little sense. My first instinct is to point at the money made and ask why an engineer couldn't whip up something that would satisfy both requirements in no time, but then again Poots had already started production in order to get the game out as quickly as he did. So the "improved" insert was already finalized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The model box could easily have been made in different dimensions with a taller insert.

People love to justify things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yeah it sounds like someone dropped the ball with the new 1.5 insert. If they redesigned the dividers to be smaller to supposedly fix this problem and they still dont fit properly even in the new insert, then someone screwed up.

I am tempted to try and add some heavy card sides within the box to support the board. Not sure what i would do about the centre span - dont want a bowed board. Fitting in the hard back rulebook would require some cutting of the insert though, so not sure if i will do that or not.

Talking of the dividers, the old ones featured deck lists, have these now been placed in the rulebook or something? I didnt get around to checking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad tulip
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For me the 1.5 box insert is not useable for the intended purpose for the one reason, that the dividers are higher then the supports carriing the board. Also longer straight walls in the insert are bended/warped by 0.5" or so in my version ... i thought its ment to be sturdy? For it been the improoved version thats quite disappointing.

Anyway, its not realy an important part of the game - its more a convinience factor - annoyed thats i have to buy a third party insert now or spend some hours crafting - which id rather spend painting minis.

Are theres some 3rd party inserts available in europe that can be recommended?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.