Ian M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When viewing new items for sale in the Geek Market, I see promos mixed in with games. I'm really not interested in promos at all. Sometimes people will post a lot of promos.

Is there a way to sort promos out of search results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Grayslake
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mPony wrote:
When viewing new items for sale in the Geek Market, I see promos mixed in with games. I'm really not interested in promos at all. Sometimes people will post a lot of promos.

Is there a way to sort promos out of search results?

You can use the "Catalog" menu at the top to select a category you are interested in, and then sort by date if you want to see new items.

Edit: Sorry, I had Geek Store on the mind. In the market I generally scan the prices, and if a $50 game is listed for $5 it's probably a promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly a $50 game listed at $5 is probably a promo. I'm just wondering if there's a way to sort these items out entirely.

I see plenty of auctions that have an entry for the base game and the item description is "This is NOT for the base game but for the xxxxx promo".

Do items on BGG have a property that designates them as an add-on/promo/extension rather than a base game? If not, this really would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.