Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Looking for game design mentor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Todd
msg tools
I'm designing a board game for my high school senior project. As a project requirement I need a mentor with experience in that field.

The game I'm making is a tile placement game. You build off of a central nucleus and get the biggest, best cell of them all. Players can initiate combat with, barter with, or ignore the other players depending on their choice of play.

A mentor would have to advise me on the development/design of a game. A mentor is NOT required to be met with in person, talking over email or otherwise is acceptable, although not as ideal.

In particular, I need help deciding what mechanics I keep, and what to drop. As well, I need to know what to do to make a physical copy of the game (a website I can make cards/tiles on, or a store I can buy supplies at).

The project must be finalized by the end of January, so I need a mentor by the end of this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you would prefer somebody who could meet with you in person, you had better tell us where you live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Todd
msg tools
I live in Prior Lake MN. And sometimes Richfield MN. The most convenient way would be to meet at a game store near one of those areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.