Subject: In which order do unit cards go back under their decks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. B. Gaston
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At the end of the round when you clear the unit offer and place the cards back under the decks they came from, which order do the cards go in? The rulebook doesn't make this clear, it just says to put the cards back under the deck. Of course, if you're playing solo (and it'll probably be rare that I ever play a non-solo game of Mage Knight), I suppose it doesn't really matter since you're never going to go all the way through the unit decks with only three unit cards in the offer per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Of more significance is the possibility of lots of Advanced Actions going back under if you have multiple monasteries out. It's possible to cycle them in a solo game. There's no way to define their ordering in the rules, but technically I believe they should go back before the card(s) from the Advanced Action Offer (because the Unit Offer is cleared first).

If you are capable of card-counting I suppose you might consider putting them back in the order drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either in the order they were drawn (how it is done in the PBF) or in any order you like. In a 5 player game, it is possible to go through all the silver units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. B. Gaston
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess I will just assume you can put the unit cards back under the deck in any order you like until I see something from Vlaada saying otherwise (I found the FAQ put out in 2014 on the WizKids site, but it didn't say anything about this rule).

BTW, what does PBF stand for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Play by forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I put the cards below the deck with their front side facing up. If I ever get through the whole deck (which is easy to tell because of the above), I shuffle the deck.

Looks like I'm using a house-rule, there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.