7 Posts

World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: Recreating game Project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zygmunt Horodyski
msg tools
Hello,
for a weak now, I have been spending some time recreating WoW TBG. My goal is to have templates for all expansions and base game elements in a printable version (photoshop PSD files and 300dpi CMYK), so problem of missing cards will be just a matter of adding text and printing, additionally creating your own expansions will be much easier. I have done all card back and some templates (like talent card etc). When I will complete all templates I will post it here.

I understand that graphics is not everything, you also have to produce it. Here some links that can be usefull:

Card making: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490643/making-cards-youll-n...
Board making: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/913395/how-make-retail-wort...
Box making: missing, anyone have good guide?
Token making: missing, anyone have good guide?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this just so you can make your own new expansions or to replicate the full game?

I can't imagine it's cost effective to try and replicate the game, even if it is expensive where you live.

Generally, files to recreate games, even out of print games, do not belong on BGG. PNP files of full GW, Steve Jackson, and other companies games led to issues in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zygmunt Horodyski
msg tools
Recreating game, but of course printing it would costs way more then used ones, its purpose would be to have way of obtaining missing/damaged cards and other elements.

I didn't know that legal issues applies to out of print games, if so then I will just create good templates, maybe add only some fan expansions. Thank you for your replay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well all of the art resources and names for things are owned by Blizzard and still under active protection.

This is especially true now that Classic WoW is going to release.

As far as spares, several people on here have parts copies, myself included, and we provide parts to people for free. You just pay shipping. There seem to be lots of copies that were damaged over the years and are just for parts.

I'm fairly positive some fan made stuff would be fine though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zygmunt Horodyski
msg tools
Very kind that you can halo with missing elements, but it seems that in the US this game was rather popular, but here in Poland its rather rare, propably same for many other countries :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it ever translated and released there.

That can have something to do with it.

The shear amount of miniatures in it is mind boggling, not even counting the expansions.

It would probably be cheaper for me to fly to Poland than to mail this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zygmunt Horodyski
msg tools
Yes, base game was translated and released here, as well as in some other european countries like germany, italy and more.

Shipping anything form US is very expensive, last time I was ordering something I payed twice more for shipping and customs duty then for product itself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.