Hide
7 Posts

Clans of Caledonia» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1 fewer meat port bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Barnet
msg tools
If I use this bonus on an export contract that requires me to only deliver one meat, do I need to Slaughter any cows to fulfil the contract?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay DePazos
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, that tile allows you to expend one less meat when required for a contract.

In this case, if the contract only requires one meat the cows and goats can live to see a new day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically the goats live to see every new day, as they're not on the menu. *grin*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who holds a Ph.D. in Mathematics, I can verify with a fair amount of authority that 1 - 1 = 0. Therefore, if you have a contract that requires 1 meat, and you use the port bonus that makes the contract require 1 fewer meat, you must slaughter 0 animals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Barnet
msg tools
Thanks. No need for the condescending response. Many games require a minimum allocation of one in these circumstances which was why I asked the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geebee1875 wrote:
Thanks. No need for the condescending response. Many games require a minimum allocation of one in these circumstances which was why I asked the question.

No condescension intended...it was supposed to be a bit of a joke. Nevertheless, I do apologize if it came across that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Barnet
msg tools
No problem and thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.