Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,
We have 3 games.
Can you help us with feedback?

Here a short description of the games:

Cube Attack
It is a competitive racing game where points are obtained by occupying strategic area.

Highway
It is a domino style game, where players have to build a highway with tiles, bringing their opponents to a ditch and eliminate them.

Kill or Die
Kill or Die is a last man standing game with cards. Players can try to kill each other on a board that is not neutral, the xx% of the cells are against the players.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Culbertson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any of the rulebooks available to look over? The ideas seem interesting but we'd probably need to see some more details on how they play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
JonasVenture wrote:
Do you have any of the rulebooks available to look over? The ideas seem interesting but we'd probably need to see some more details on how they play.

Hi, I'm finishing the rulebooks. as soon as they are finished they will post print & play versions. for now I wanted a simple opinion on the idea of ​​the games.
I thank you for the interest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fra Co
msg tools
From these short descriptions I can not understand the quality of these games. Could you please give us more information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bencad wrote:
Hello everyone,
We have 3 games.

Cube Attack
It is a competitive racing game where points are obtained by occupying strategic area.

Cannot tell if 'cubes' is what I'm moving, racing across or occupying.
Conflicting mechanics of 'race' and 'area control'.

Quote:
Highway
It is a domino style game, where players have to build a highway with tiles, bringing their opponents to a ditch and eliminate them.

Am I building a highway or throwing my opponents into a ditch?
Cannot tell if I win by building constructively or building with intent to obstruct opponents.

Quote:
Kill or Die
Kill or Die is a last man standing game with cards. Players can try to kill each other on a board that is not neutral, the xx% of the cells are against the players.

Sounds like a 'take that'.
I would immediately pass on this title.

Based on the bylines, I'd probably pass on all of these concepts. You need more to draw interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
Skoppola wrote:
From these short descriptions I can not understand the quality of these games. Could you please give us more information?

Thanks for your interest. I'm writing another little description of the games:
1)Cube Attack An high strategy game, where you have to anticipate the opponent’s moves in order to make enough points to win. Enter your cube-shaped warriors and force them to break away opponents and gain control of strategic points. Each player has 2 shots per turn to Move, Attach, and Activate Certain Functions

2)Highroad It’s a domino style game. Each player, one after the other, has to put a tile representing the highway section under construction, forcing one of the opponents to fall into the ditch or to break into a highway section already placed before.

3)Kill or Die It is a game where you move along a path representing a prison, where you have to look for weapons and bullets in order to kill your opponents by avoiding being captured by the police. It's a survival game, the one who survives wins and that's why: Kill or Die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:
Bencad wrote:
Hello everyone,
We have 3 games.

Cube Attack

Cannot tell if 'cubes' is what I'm moving, racing across or occupying.
Conflicting mechanics of 'race' and 'area control'.

Quote:
Highway

Am I building a highway or throwing my opponents into a ditch?
Cannot tell if I win by building constructively or building with intent to obstruct opponents.

Quote:
Kill or Die

Sounds like a 'take that'.
I would immediately pass on this title.

Based on the bylines, I'd probably pass on all of these concepts. You need more to draw interest.

1) cubes represent your soldiers.
it's a racing race because it wins the one who does more points and the points you do if you occupy certain areas

2) You have to build a highway trying to throw your opponents into a ditch. Win building with the intent to obstruct your opponents.

3) thanks. will actually be the first game we will give as "Print & Play"

As soon as I have completed the rules and the graphics will put more elements

Thank you very much for your opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Jacksonville Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All these games sound terrible and derivative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bracey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Bencad wrote:

Thanks for your interest. I'm writing another little description of the games: ...

Since you wanted an opinion based on these descriptions the impression it gives me is of some-one who does not understand games and thinks you can form an opinion on the basis of this amount of information, so presumably they will be pretty awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the descriptions you gave in the later posts, it says to me "I have three concepts but nothing tested or anywhere near ready for the public."

You barely have an idea, but no mechanics or rules and it sounds like no testing has been done yet, much less blind testing. Likely at least a year+ away from complete for any of them from what you've given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
klz_fc wrote:
From the descriptions you gave in the later posts, it says to me "I have three concepts but nothing tested or anywhere near ready for the public."

You barely have an idea, but no mechanics or rules and it sounds like no testing has been done yet, much less blind testing. Likely at least a year+ away from complete for any of them from what you've given.

Instead, these 3 games have about a year of testing with about a hundred games each. just for now we wanted to ask you an opinion on the concept of each game. As soon as we have the graphics and written for the rules well we will also ask you about this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess you were asking if the themes (subject matter) of the 3 games sound interesting.

We would need more information to be able to tell if the mechanics sound interesting (actually you have to play a game before you know if the game is interesting or not).

As for the themes:

1. To me "highway" interests me the most of the three.
2. "kill or die" has absolutely zero interest for me.
3. "cube attack" is only slightly more interesting to me than "kill or die".

So of the three "highway" is probably the only one that I would play.

Tip: When pitching a game, focus more on the theme than on the mechanics. If you want to sell a game on its mechanics, then you have to describe something that has never been done before. That is probably why I picked "highway" of the three. It sounded different. Especially since I am tired of combat games.

Good luck with your games.
I actually think that designing games is more fun than playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
rubberchicken wrote:
I guess you were asking if the themes (subject matter) of the 3 games sound interesting.

We would need more information to be able to tell if the mechanics sound interesting (actually you have to play a game before you know if the game is interesting or not).

As for the themes:

1. To me "highway" interests me the most of the three.
2. "kill or die" has absolutely zero interest for me.
3. "cube attack" is only slightly more interesting to me than "kill or die".

So of the three "highway" is probably the only one that I would play.

Tip: When pitching a game, focus more on the theme than on the mechanics. If you want to sell a game on its mechanics, then you have to describe something that has never been done before. That is probably why I picked "highway" of the three. It sounded different. Especially since I am tired of combat games.

Good luck with your games.
I actually think that designing games is more fun than playing games.

Thanks for your opinion.

Yes, I wanted to ask if the themes (subject matter) of the 3 games sound interesting.

I did this post just because I also think the background of a game is very important

It is true, creating new games is beautiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fra Co
msg tools
So, if I buy one of these games, what will I find in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
Skoppola wrote:
So, if I buy one of these games, what will I find in the box?

Cube Attack
1 board game, 120 custom wood cubes, 6 wooden pawns count points and 1 wooden pawn first player.

Highway
1 board game,145 wooden blocks

Kill or Die
1 board game, 1d10, 50 Cards and 6 wooden pawns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fra Co
msg tools
Do you have any picture of a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
Skoppola wrote:
Do you have any picture of a game?

For now I can only see you see the Kill or Die board

do you like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Jacksonville Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awful. A track of movement? Let me guess, you roll and move? I would just quit now. No one will buy this garbage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fertessa
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fan of the board. The brick background is generic and doesn't mesh with the white tiles on top of it. Advertising the company website looks a little tacky when it's that big. The icons on the board look repetitive, so it seems like you have a handful of options that you just keep rinse and repeating. The shape of the path on the board is a little visually uncomfortable.

I would suggest redoing the layout of the tiles, to make the board more readable. I would also rethink using the icons on the white backgrounds, as it seems very plain, like a prototype. If it's a prototype, then nvm it's fine.

Also, have you explored making this into a video game rather than a boardgame? The ONE LIFE UP space made me think that all the elements on your board could be translated digitally, and it might be a better game if done that way. Currently, the layout of your board doesn't give me a strong feel for what type of game this is. The blood splatters and bricks tell me you want me to think this is a gritty crime game, but they don't sell it for me. It feels like you used generic or stock images for all of your icons and graphics, so your game feels equally generic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adamo Bencardino
Italy
flag msg tools
Shintotchi wrote:
I'm not a fan of the board. The brick background is generic and doesn't mesh with the white tiles on top of it. Advertising the company website looks a little tacky when it's that big. The icons on the board look repetitive, so it seems like you have a handful of options that you just keep rinse and repeating. The shape of the path on the board is a little visually uncomfortable.

I would suggest redoing the layout of the tiles, to make the board more readable. I would also rethink using the icons on the white backgrounds, as it seems very plain, like a prototype. If it's a prototype, then nvm it's fine.

Also, have you explored making this into a video game rather than a boardgame? The ONE LIFE UP space made me think that all the elements on your board could be translated digitally, and it might be a better game if done that way. Currently, the layout of your board doesn't give me a strong feel for what type of game this is. The blood splatters and bricks tell me you want me to think this is a gritty crime game, but they don't sell it for me. It feels like you used generic or stock images for all of your icons and graphics, so your game feels equally generic.

Thanks for your opinion.

this is actually the graphics of the board we used as a prototype and we will shortly put it as Print & Play.
Yes, Kill or Die is a game where you have to kill each other (and that's why there are some sketches of blood).
The idea of ​​making a video game is good, and we actually thought about it for a future, but for now we have no way of achieving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.