3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Best point count for two sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very new to X-wing, bought the core set and now the Force Awakens core set. I'm wondering what points count should I use with both 62 or something else? I would like both players to be able to field all the ships, but still have some decisions to make when it comes to pilots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart De Vuyst
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
60pts each is a good and common starter. It allows for quicker games.

Standard play is 100pts each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Becker
United States
Yardley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play with a few things. 50 or 60 is a good limit to force you to make some interesting decisions.

It will probably easier for the Imperial player to match whatever the Rebel is using, so maybe let the rebel player build first to whatever point level they want, then have the imperial player build to match it. It would be in interesting dynamic.. sure you can really max those ships out but each point makes the other side a little strong too!

And of course you can run the scenarios, I believe the ones in the rules books are meant to be played with smaller squadron sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.