Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » General

Subject: What's next for V-Commandos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From official news update:


Quote:
What’s next?

Over the past few months, many of you have asked about Triton Noir’s next project. We’ve been working on it in the greatest secrecy for almost a year now…
It is still too early to announce or show you anything related to this project, but here is what we can share with you:
It will be a new infiltration game, set up in a completely new period of our History.
The game will have a strong tactical dimension, combined with a scenario that hopefully you’ll love.
And… this is it! We won’t answer any other question… for now!


I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping for NINJAS!!! ninja
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From same update:

Quote:
Second print run on its way!
The new print run has begun. The new copies should be delivered between December 2017 and January 2018 in Europe.


Good news for those who didn't get a copy from the first run.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Triton Noir at least say if it's a cooperative game like V-Commandos?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Leber
Germany
flag msg tools
jtspecial wrote:
From official news update:


Quote:
What’s next?

Over the past few months, many of you have asked about Triton Noir’s next project. We’ve been working on it in the greatest secrecy for almost a year now…
It is still too early to announce or show you anything related to this project, but here is what we can share with you:
It will be a new infiltration game, set up in a completely new period of our History.
The game will have a strong tactical dimension, combined with a scenario that hopefully you’ll love.
And… this is it! We won’t answer any other question… for now!


I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping for NINJAS!!! ninja


That would be awesome! That definitely would be a more fitting theme for my gamegroup. V-commandos is such a fun game with cool mechanics but the military/WWII theme doesn't appeal to my group. So it is mostly a solo game for me.
But Ninjas would be cool. Some Western theme (like the Desperado game), a medieval Thief game or something like Assassins Creed could also work as an infiltration game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Adherin1 wrote:
jtspecial wrote:
From official news update:


Quote:
What’s next?

Over the past few months, many of you have asked about Triton Noir’s next project. We’ve been working on it in the greatest secrecy for almost a year now…
It is still too early to announce or show you anything related to this project, but here is what we can share with you:
It will be a new infiltration game, set up in a completely new period of our History.
The game will have a strong tactical dimension, combined with a scenario that hopefully you’ll love.
And… this is it! We won’t answer any other question… for now!


I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping for NINJAS!!! ninja


That would be awesome! That definitely would be a more fitting theme for my gamegroup. V-commandos is such a fun game with cool mechanics but the military/WWII theme doesn't appeal to my group. So it is mostly a solo game for me.
But Ninjas would be cool. Some Western theme (like the Desperado game), a medieval Thief game or something like Assassins Creed could also work as an infiltration game.

Same here. In fact I’ve been pretty pondering re-theming this to Batman, my son is gaga for Batman. But I’d need to add some
Big fights ala the Arkham video games, as he loves to kick butt. Any thoughts on how to do that?

Ninjas would be amazing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:

Same here. In fact I’ve been pretty pondering re-theming this to Batman, my son is gaga for Batman. But I’d need to add some
Big fights ala the Arkham video games, as he loves to kick butt. Any thoughts on how to do that?

Ninjas would be amazing.


Batman retheme?
GREAT!

Joker goons instead of nazis. Super villains in the reinforcement pool. Batman 3 or 4 dice in close combat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Leber
Germany
flag msg tools
Gylthinel wrote:

Same here. In fact I’ve been pretty pondering re-theming this to Batman, my son is gaga for Batman. But I’d need to add some
Big fights ala the Arkham video games, as he loves to kick butt. Any thoughts on how to do that?

Ninjas would be amazing.


That's a cool idea! It would also help me to put it on the table more often, too. But i think you would need to do a lot of work in design change. But if your son likes Batman, you might want to check out Batman: Gotham City Chronicles. Comes to Kickstarter in february, i think, but it won't be very cheap.

I also actually thought about re-theming it to Superheroe Style: Captain America and the Howling Commandos. The Characters would fit the WWII Theme (even the comic graphic style). You would just need to create the characters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irish86 wrote:
Can Triton Noir at least say if it's a cooperative game like V-Commandos?


Yes, it will be coop.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:


We cannot answer for now...
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
tocoking wrote:


We cannot answer for now...


And now? cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
ThibaudMTL wrote:
tocoking wrote:


We cannot answer for now...


And now? cool



We plan to reveal our next game in a few months.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SlyFox
msg tools
mb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
tocoking wrote:
ThibaudMTL wrote:
tocoking wrote:


We cannot answer for now...


And now? cool



We plan to reveal our next game in a few months.


V-Commandos Winter Warfare Expansion? With snow tiles and new rules for terrain? cool

Kickstarter campaign for miniatures?

I'm in.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.