Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is his die removed from the pool if he is converted to the Whit Rider after being separated? I know his elimination removes it; just not clear if being replaced does the same thing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice is only available when he started the turn as the guide, so if he leaves the fellowship (even if not eliminated) or another character becomes the guide, his dice is not available the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
OK, perhaps I am confused. The way I understand the add / remove mechanic is that once a die is added to the pool, it is only ever removed from the pool under the given conditions for removal. I did not think the requirements for adding a die to the pool had to be checked again after it's been added.

Edit: I saw a thumb from Krieghund, so the above must be correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So...you roll Gandalf's die in round 1 only if he starts the game as guide, and after that you only roll it if he is guide AND a non-special FP die was recovered from the hunt box in the Recover Action Dice step?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kępa
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. Both conditions have to be met at each turn when U recover Your dices.

edit: Moreover it doesn't have to be non-special it can be also Keeper die if only it didnt represent an eye in the Hunt Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's odd that they mention only the guide requirement in several different places before finally mentioning the recovery requirement as well on page 19...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
It's odd that they mention only the guide requirement in several different places before finally mentioning the recovery requirement as well on page 19...

The game was designed by mortal Men, and the Elven rulesmiths of old have long ago left us across the Western Sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:

The reference on page 9 is general to all Keeper dice, so it doesn't go into all of the specific requirements. The reference on page 10 also doesn't mention it, but it does refer the reader to pages 19 and 20, where it does. The example on page 12 does mention it. Those are all of the references outside pages 19 and 20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

The reference on page 9 is general to all Keeper dice, so it doesn't go into all of the specific requirements. The reference on page 10 also doesn't mention it, but it does refer the reader to pages 19 and 20, where it does. The example on page 12 does mention it. Those are all of the references outside pages 19 and 20.

...but one rulesmith there was who remained in Middle-earth, Kevin Half-Elven, whose tireless efforts kept the rule-lore safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rafamir wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

The game was designed by mortal Men, and the Elven rulesmiths of old have long ago left us across the Western Sea.

This is my favorite response for a rules question on BGG EVAH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.