Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you score a goal that you DO meet the condition, then later score that again when you get to the goal scoring step of final scoring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I believe this tech just means you can treat one of the goals as if you met the condition. If you already meet all the conditions of all 3 goals, this tech is no use to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Can you score a goal that you DO meet the condition, then later score that again when you get to the goal scoring step of final scoring?

Notice that this tech is pink...I’m fairly sure that all pink techs are used for end game scoring only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with both of you! However, it didn’t seem crystal clear in the rules since end scoring is presented in steps and you do the pink tech step first, then the goal step. The text specifies that some techs give you points while others modify later scoring. Unfortunately this specific issue wasn’t addressed (anywhere I saw, anyway) and the description does not specifically state that you can only score a goal for which you do not qualify. That’s what the other two folks at the table argued, anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based off playing it with the people at CGE at BGG.CON, they said that this tech can be used to score an objective you did NOT meet at end of game. So you couldn't score on the same endgame objective twice. Hope this helps a little!

Side note, if you can meet all three objectives by end of game, then dang, you must have been really efficient. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.