Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When resolving these missions, does this procedure override the rule that states the Captain should reveal all of the cards contributed to the pool (after all Sabotages and their optional swap is carried out)?

Doing so would then hide the full complement of cards from players other than the Captain, and concealing whether the Captain (or another player) contributed unexpected cards to the pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael N.
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I have been playing it. The captain gets to retain that information and can choose to share it, but it is optional or the captain can lie. We only revealed all of the cards if the card specified it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree - intent of reveal X is to allow a chance that even with bad cards you can still pass, but also makes it hard in another way.

I would never reveal the cards that you did not "Draw" in the Reveal-X, and discard face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Van Wetering
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mnewhou wrote:
That is how I have been playing it. The captain gets to retain that information and can choose to share it, but it is optional or the captain can lie. We only revealed all of the cards if the card specified it.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.