Canada
flag msg tools
The last paragraph in the rule book under Outbreaks states:

"When a chain reaction outbreak occurs, remove Supply
cubes or place Plague cubes as above, except do not
add a Plague cube to locations that have already had
an outbreak (or a chain reaction outbreak) as part of
resolving the current Infection card."

Does this mean a city could potentially have multiple cubes removed by an outbreak?

I understand that it will not trigger multiple outbreaks in the city, but the way it is worded makes me think it could remove more than 1 cube (or remove the last cube and trigger an outbreak).

Am I interpreting this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Rathem wrote:
The last paragraph in the rule book under Outbreaks states:

"When a chain reaction outbreak occurs, remove Supply
cubes or place Plague cubes as above, except do not
add a Plague cube to locations that have already had
an outbreak (or a chain reaction outbreak) as part of
resolving the current Infection card."

Does this mean a city could potentially have multiple cubes removed by an outbreak?

I understand that it will not trigger multiple outbreaks in the city, but the way it is worded makes me think it could remove more than 1 cube (or remove the last cube and trigger an outbreak).

It means "don't go backward" So if Tripoli outbreaks, and it spreads to Cairo (which also has three cubes) don't go back to Tripoli

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Yeliga
Canada
flag msg tools
It sounds like you might be talking about the original pandemic [(which also has three cubes)]

My main concern is if you could potentially remove more than 1 cube from a series of outbreaks. I understand that a city will not outbreak more than once in a series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rathem wrote:
It sounds like you might be talking about the original pandemic [(which also has three cubes)]

My main concern is if you could potentially remove more than 1 cube from a series of outbreaks. I understand that a city will not outbreak more than once in a series.

Just like you could add more than 1 cube in original pandemic (if 2 different adjacent cities had outbreaks), or add a cube and then have an outbreak, you can remove more than 1 cube here, or remove a cube and then have an outbreak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rathem wrote:

That is how I interpret it and it is very clearly different than standard Pandemic's (and Season 1's) outbreaks.

It's also analogous to how the Epidemic Increase step removes supply cubes but does not place Plague cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Yeliga
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.