William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
You might think that this is a title for a general forum post. You can also consider this post a form of news at the same time. Browsing through a Dutch webshop, I noticed that a Dutch version of Expansion #8: Bridges, Castles & Bazaars has been released for the 2016 edition of Carcassonne. No version, not even a German or English one (only the old version, of course), has been added to the expansions' list here on BGG. But anyway, I think that you will see other versions (also in the US; from Z-Man Games, I guess) in the near future; that is if it hasn't been released yet.

Since the previous expansions that were remade for the 2016 edition are released in numerical order, and they skipped #7, I suspect that the next expansion will be #9: Hills & Sheep. I guess they won't release #7, because that's The Catapult (if I'm correct), and that one wasn't very succesful, I heard. I understand that the Catapult added a dexterity mechanism to the game, which to my opinion wouldn't fit in a game that was never meant to be like that before. Either way, I wouldn't like it.

What I really hope is that they'll remake "Science & Magic" as well. That would be expansion #11 then. To Be clear, Science & Magic is a boxed collection of the 7 mini-expansions they made for the old version of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.