Dicey Peaks» Forums » Rules

Subject: Impossibility of moving situation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Shefler
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
OK, the setup on level 4 is that a move right 1 hex is followed immediately by a move left 1 hex. A player is moved onto the move right 1 hex by yeti action (so he doesn't do the action, right?). Now when his turn comes and he rolls 1 or more pickaxes, he moves over to the move left 1 hex and performs its action, which moves him back where he started. So how does he progress?

[EDIT] - I'm guessing he has to wait for a yeti.

[EDIT2] - But what if all 3 players are in the same hex and the next hex is a move back 1 hex? I don't see any way to get past a move back hex without the yeti's help. Am I missing something in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Campbell
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that forced movement (Yeti or other tiles) does not trigger tile effects. Only the final tile of movement as a result of a Climb roll triggers a tile effect.

Edit: After browsing the rules again, my understanding is still the same... although I think it is a bit ambiguous.

Example:
3 pickaxes: spend 3 oxygen, move forward 3 tiles. only flip/resolve the effect of the 3rd tile.
Tile effect moves you to new tile: do not flip or resolve effect
Yeti moves you to new tile: do not flip or resolve effect

Edit 2: Also... Dan King (Game Boy Geek)'s video shows the movement that I'm describing, so that may be where I got that understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You never activate the tile you land on when you are moved via the free Yeti move. Pure adrenaline - no time to deal with anything else!

I should also point out, in case this is ambiguous, that you only perform the action of the final tile you land on during your turn, not the ones you pass over along the way to get there.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shefler
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Quote:
I should also point out, in case this is ambiguous, that you only perform the action of the final tile you land on during your turn, not the ones you pass over along the way to get there

Ah, rules were not clear about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shefler
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
OK, here's another question. Suppose you roll 4 pickaxes, can you choose to move fewer than 4 spaces? If so, how many oxygen do you use? And what if you are on the next-to-last peak and roll 2 pickaxes. Can you move just 1 or do you not move at all (or just leap off into the void)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mshefler wrote:
OK, here's another question. Suppose you roll 4 pickaxes, can you choose to move fewer than 4 spaces? If so, how many oxygen do you use? And what if you are on the next-to-last peak and roll 2 pickaxes. Can you move just 1 or do you not move at all (or just leap off into the void)?

If you choose to Climb, you must set aside all pickaxes you roll (and then spend the oxygen and move that many spaces). If you roll more pickaxes than available oxygen when climbing, you bust.

As for your other question, you still have to spend all the oxygen based on the pickaxes you roll when you move to or are on the summit, even if you only get to flip and move one tile. Oxygen goes quick at the top!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
I didn't help kickstart this game, and I actually just blind bought this off Amazon - just wanted to say that, as a fairly objective player, I found the rules extremely easy to understand and follow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
I didn't help kickstart this game, and I actually just blind bought this off Amazon - just wanted to say that, as a fairly objective player, I found the rules extremely easy to understand and follow! We are loving the game a lot, thank you for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.