Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Robison
United States
Lynden
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rule-book the colors for guests and hooligans is yellow and gold. Is that accurate? It seems like those are very similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielRobison wrote:
In the rule-book the colors for guests and hooligans is yellow and gold. Is that accurate? It seems like those are very similar.

They were too similar, and the meeples themselves were changed prior to production. The guests are still yellow, but the hooligans are now purple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Robison
United States
Lynden
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
DanielRobison wrote:

They were too similar, and the meeples themselves were changed prior to production. The guests are still yellow, but the hooligans are now purple.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good move on the color change. They were too similar in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing this on Tabletopia with the yellow and gold and so I think the purple will just jump out at you and you'll curse those punk kids for showing up at your park and jumping lines and not paying for a dang thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
digitalblaine wrote:
I'm playing this on Tabletopia with the yellow and gold and so I think the purple will just jump out at you and you'll curse those punk kids for showing up at your park and jumping lines and not paying for a dang thing.

Besides, all punks have purple hair, right? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:

Couple of comments.

First, a public service announcement: The rule book mentions two colors of "visitor meeple" but there are three colors in the bag. The pink ones are VIP visitors used by one of the plot twists.

Second, on the subject of colors, as a mildly color-blind player, anything that boosts contrast between similar but distinct items is a good thing.

Based on a quick scan while punching things out, it looks like this team got things right. I've only ever had one game turn out to be unplayable because of color, and one where the shades of brown were so similar it was more frustrating than enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spambait42c wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

Couple of comments.

First, a public service announcement: The rule book mentions two colors of "visitor meeple" but there are three colors in the bag. The pink ones are VIP visitors used by one of the plot twists.

The VIPs are a KS-exclusive, and only shipped with deluxe copies. Since they're not included in retail copies, we didn't mention them in the rulebook. (You'll find this is true for all deluxe-only content.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
The VIPs are a KS-exclusive, and only shipped with deluxe copies. Since they're not included in retail copies, we didn't mention them in the rulebook. (You'll find this is true for all deluxe-only content.)

That makes a lot of sense. It probably wouldn't have been worth the cost/effort to toss in a "list of extras" sheet, but maybe a note somewhere? I can probably figure it out from the stretch goal list on Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spambait42c wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:

That makes a lot of sense. It probably wouldn't have been worth the cost/effort to toss in a "list of extras" sheet, but maybe a note somewhere? I can probably figure it out from the stretch goal list on Kickstarter.

Edit: My numbers were from an earlier iteration and not 100% true to what is in the box. Watch this space for an official list soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Geddes
Canada
flag msg tools
Just as a note - the pink are the hooligans in some of the deluxe edition according to the creator. There's a plot twist that involves adding extras in every round and there are only 10 purple in some games (like the one I've got) - which is the starting amount for the general game. Purple should be the VIPs.
For some reason I can't paste the link on here about it in another thread with the links to the creator posts.

(There was an error when they were created; so best to see what you have more of.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.