Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I was looking at Krosmaster to add to my wishlist to play with my 8 year old, but I noticed that Krosmaster 2.0's recommended ages are Age: 8+ Community: 8+ but the original is listed as Age: 14+ and Community: 12+

Is this a mistake and if so, which is the mistake? And if it's not a mistake, what is the difference between the two versions that make the original more difficult? Is 2.0 really good with 8+?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference is just about the company paying to have the game tested as physically safe for 8+ years old, nothing significant has changed with the rules difficulties.

A company can sell a game/toy for 14+ without paying to have it "approved" for younger children by the licensing body. If a company pays, they can have the game components tested for safety for younger children, then they can sell it with the 8+ on the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The good Reverend nailed it. What most people don't know is that the recommended ages rarely have anything to do with what the publishers think children can mentally handle at what age, but protecting themselves from lawyers and such.

Parents know best what their children are capable of.

ALSO! Krosmaster has nice segmented rules sets (you'll see it when you read the rule book) so you can play the game as simply or as complicated as you want, as is appropriate for your kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.