Merlin» Forums » General

Subject: Any News on Retail Release in US? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Armen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I tried to do some quick searches on google to find a US release date for this game, but found nothing concrete. Just wondering if anyone has a better idea when the game might be released in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingOfKabob wrote:
I tried to do some quick searches on google to find a US release date for this game, but found nothing concrete. Just wondering if anyone has a better idea when the game might be released in the US?

There will be no US release.

If you want it you have to go through Kickstarter or Queen's website directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ah, how can we get it via either? I don't currently see an option on either the Kickstarter page nor Queen's website to pre-order. Maybe they'll add it sometime in the near future?

jmsmith2434 wrote:
KingOfKabob wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a kickstarter campaign running now!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/queen-games-...

Merlin + Queenies for 75USD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blitzoid wrote:
There is a kickstarter campaign running now!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/queen-games-...

Merlin + Queenies for 75USD.

Nice, but $75 price tag. ouch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:

Thanks, Queen! I didn't really need yet another game. I'll just admire it from afar, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
KingOfKabob wrote:

Funagain has them in stock at $99.99, or $84.99 if you have a Diamond level discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:
KingOfKabob wrote:

h

Funagain has them in stock at $99.99, or $84.99 if you have a Diamond level discount.

Queenie-less though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
mb
What are the odds that this will eventually get a "normal" release in the US? I really like the look of this one, but at $75 I'm on the fence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as Queen owns the rights...zero

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
mb
jmsmith2434 wrote:

A lot of their games are available in the US, though. Amerigo, for example, was also a Queen kickstarter. This makes me think perhaps Merlin would be available in the US as well. But maybe I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apkendrick wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:

A lot of their games are available in the US, though. Amerigo, for example, was also a Queen kickstarter. This makes me think perhaps Merlin would be available in the US as well. But maybe I'm missing something.

Save yourself some time and go read their actual Kickstarter for MERLIN and all the associated threads.

They have made it 100% clear that this title will never get released into regular retail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
mb
Interesting. I had the impression (from following some of it) that was something of a bluff for the purpose of increasing Kickstarter buy-in. Seems like an odd decision to make this game kickstarter-only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only got the impression that the print run wouldn't go to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is Queen, who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Honey
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
I only got the impression that the print run wouldn't go to retail.

I bought Merlin on the original Kickstarter. As far as I could gather the above is correct for the US (note parts of Europe may have a retail release).

It is also unclear what will happen with subsequent print runs or even whether there will be subsequent print runs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
apkendrick wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:

Save yourself some time and go read their actual Kickstarter for MERLIN and all the associated threads.

They have made it 100% clear that this title will never get released into regular retail

You've got to be kidding.

You can't put a STEFAN FELD game into regular retail channels, one of the most popular designers out there? Instead, you just try to gouge your poor fans into giving you full retail price and wait for who knows how long while your crappy Kickstarter fulfillment takes place?

I'm done with you, Queen. This is the last straw. And I hope that Feld can offer his games to another company who might actually make them available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
They said only this print run wouldn't go to retail and did not say anything about the future.

The current kickstarter is to sell off the extra copies they manufactured that weren't sold in the first kickstarter.

Don't fall for the extortion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't feel extorted. Then again, I own the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
They said only this print run wouldn't go to retail and did not say anything about the future.

The current kickstarter is to sell off the extra copies they manufactured that weren't sold in the first kickstarter.

Daniel is pretty much correct. This print run is not going into normal distribution channels in North America and most of Europe. We added the bundle to this campaign because we closed the late pledge early due to being able to fulfill the Merlin Kickstarter faster then we projected.

Once convention season is over (next week) and this Kickstarter is done, the leftover copies will be for sale from the Queen Store. I don't have any official date, but I would expect early 2018.

Decisions about how future print runs will be distributed will be made in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissellMissile wrote:
dkearns wrote:

Daniel is pretty much correct. This print run is not going into normal distribution channels in North America and most of Europe. We added the bundle to this campaign because we closed the late pledge early due to being able to fulfill the Merlin Kickstarter faster then we projected.

Once convention season is over (next week) and this Kickstarter is done, the leftover copies will be for sale from the Queen Store. I don't have any official date, but I would expect early 2018.

Decisions about how future print runs will be distributed will be made in the future.

How many copies do you think that will be? And how will the price compare? If I buy this Kickstarter it is going to feel like a punch in the gut if a significant number of people get it earlier for less. Certainly wouldn't be a "newer better" Queen, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
From the moment someone clicks on "Back this project" they see:
Quote:
Kickstarter is not a store.
It's a way to bring creative projects to life.

Yet, many board game publishers are treating this platform exactly like a store, but it's worse because it's a delayed store. Items aren't shipped immediately although they could be, in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=040503&a...

^^^ LOL $99.... what a joke. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Moratti
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A real travesty. Stefan Feld, I hope you see what Queen is doing to your fans--particularly US fans.

As a protest, I'm boycotting all Queen games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaleHorse wrote:
A real travesty. Stefan Feld, I hope you see what Queen is doing to your fans--particularly US fans.

As a protest, I'm boycotting all Queen games.

Totally agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.