5 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghillie vs Break rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Gatti
msg tools
Hi All,

Just played my first game with Ghillie solo, and had some questions about how I might use his skill dice to beat Break.

1. Multi-Arrow: can I use multi arrow to target the same baddie twice? This would really help me maximize my attach die if I am to exhaust them. In the game I played, I was doing the encounter with only one 5 pt golem, so there were no other baddies - although that doesn’t exactly change the question of whether one baddie can be targeted twice

2. Companion attack dice - are these also exhausted by Break?

If both of the above are unfavorable answers, I don’t see how I can beat this golem with the skills I selected, other than using the 5 bone back up plan to do damage. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Multi-arrow specifies a 2nd baddie. You can't hit the same one twice.

2. Companions don't have attack die. They do automatic damage. Read the description of how they work carefully. Because they have no attack die, there are no die to get exhausted on break.

The five bone damage is one solution.

Just kiting by moving out of reach will eventually kill him if you have more hits than him as after round 5 you each get 1 point true damage per round.

Breaking dice only when you have 2 will maximize the effectiveness of them. Combo that with your companion and the kiting strategy and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Gatti
msg tools
Ah - completely overlooked the automatic damage. Thanks for the tips!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had, before I blacked out: the thick smell of asphalt. And the first thing I saw when I woke up was her face. She said she'd fix my bike. Free. No strings attached.
mbmbmbmbmb
What about if I use multiarrown targeting another baddie and then the second baddie? will the second attack on a baddie with breack exhaust the attack dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekskafeas wrote:
What about if I use multiarrown targeting another baddie and then the second baddie? will the second attack on a baddie with breack exhaust the attack dice?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.