Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

As people are receiving their pledges and the second KS is running, I'm wondering if someone could give me some feedback on the components (minis and tiles).

How universal usable are those? I'm not really interested in the game itself but using the minis and probably tiles for another game system. I've watched some unboxing videos, but it is hard to really judge the quality and variety of the components.

Thank you!

Edit: The target system is a fantasy / miniature / dungeon crawler game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The miniatures are bigger than classic 32mm i don't know how much but maybe 40mm, it will be hard to use them with other miniatures.

The tiles are great art-wise but they are not made of cardboard and not made to connect with each other (they are more 1 tile = 1 place).

Too much lore in this game for you BTW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
LoL! Thanks, Endevor! I just found the gallery on the KS-page.

So the minis are bigger than MYTH minis?

Reading helps...

Also, after finishing the gallery, I think the overall style of the minis won't fit MYTH all that well.

The boards look nice indeed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're trying to use them for Myth, then, nope, no miniatures will work because of Myth's unique art style. If you want game tiles, you can DIY them by searching for them on the internet, or buy them as RPG accessories. But, again, I haven't found game tiles that match the art in Myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
If you're trying to use them for Myth, then, nope, no miniatures will work because of Myth's unique art style. If you want game tiles, you can DIY them by searching for them on the internet, or buy them as RPG accessories. But, again, I haven't found game tiles that match the art in Myth.

Then have a look at MYTH: Dungeons.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150459/myth-dungeons

I've modified the awesome tiles from Black Scrolls Games (with their permission) to fit into the MYTH universe and I think they work pretty well.

But in general I totally agree. The unique art style of MYTH makes adopting other materials quite difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

How do the Folklore figures compare to some of the larger scale lines like Malifaux and Wild West Exodus?

Maybe these folks could do a bit of moonlighting in Brimstone as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.